More than 50 years ago, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was killed supposedly by a man called Lee Harvey Oswald, who was later also murdered by Jack Ruby. What do you know about all this?
This is how the article in The Guardian starts: "Kennedy assassination documents are set to be released on Thursday...." Here's the article and some others about the issue:
New Kennedy assassination documents: What will they tell us? (The Washington Post)
You can also have a look at this post: JFK50
Listening exercise to do: What's wetiquette? (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
English pronunciation >>>> Silent letters (and if you like it, you can watch part 2)
On the way to SELECTIVITY >>> VOCABULARY
3. PHRASAL VERBS >>> TO COME. Fill in the gaps with appropriate prepositions and write what they mean.
1. My friend came … last night and we watched a film together.
2. Come …, hurry up! We’ll be late!
3. I came … some old photos in a cupboard.
4. Someone knocked on the door, so I shouted, ‘… !’
SELECTIVITY. Solutions to the exercises in the previous post:
Nevertheless 2. such as 3. even though
4. also 5. For instance
1. C 2. B 3. O 4. O 5. C
- Episode 171018 / 18 October 2017 >>> Language related to 'danger'.