Farmers are always complaining how little they get for all the vegetables they grow. Ethical coffee is a way we have to try to compensate this. In this post you can have some vocabulary related to this issue and all about coffee.
By the way, how do refer to 'a coffee with a dash of milk' in our area?
Previous post in this blog related to coffee and some articles to read:
Activities for my 2º ESO students: What do you usually have for breakfast? And what time do you have it? And now watch the English With Lucy video and tell me what you must do to learn English.
Here's a listening exercise to do: Ethical coffee (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
"Do a runner" Here's an expression you can learn about in The English We Speak (BBC Learning English) What does it meaning? Have you ever behaved like that?
Lucy tells about 5 ways to improve your English daily
Some extra exercises for my students in 2º Bachillerato >>>
A. Vocabulary (Films). Complete the sentences with the correct word : released - shot - debut - critics - starred1. The film was … on location in India.
2. She’s a young actress who made her film … last year.
3. The film will be … next month in cinemas worldwide.
4. She has … in several Hollywood films.
5. The film has been praised by film …
B. Phrasal Verbs: PUT ON. What does 'put on' mean in each sentence? Choose from these: apply - gain - switch on - play - dress oneself in1. I put on my coat.
2. Can you put the light on, please?
3. Shall I put some music on?
4. I never eat pizza because I don’t want to put on weight.
5. Don’t forget to put on suncream if you’re going out in the sun.
2. ..... a young girl that has got fair hair?
3. ..... a lady that dresses badly?
4. ...... some furniture that has been made well?
2. I’ve decided that I will stick … my studies.
3. How do you plan to break … the business?
4. My vlog is about trying to get … TV.
5. Can I work … you, please?
E. Read about Mireia Belmonte and tell me the other two swimming styles. What is 'medley style' about?Mireia Belmonte is a Spanish Olympic swimmer who specializes in freestyle, butterfly and medley events. She was born in 1990 and competed successfully as a junior, becoming the Junior World Champion for 400 m freestyle and 400 m individual medley in 2006. She won two silver medals at the London Olympics in 2012, and won her first Olympic Gold medal at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
SOLUTIONS to the B2 exercise in the previous post: 1. B 2. A 3. C 4. C 5. D 6. B 7. A 8. D 9. C 10. B 11. C 12. D 13. B 14. A 15. C 16. D 17. A 18. C 19. D 20. B