Fat chance, extreme weather, ice-creams, too much litter, recycling... are some of the issues we are going to deal with all along this post.
First of all, another hot summer is here again and, although in the south of Spain is not hotter than other average summers, in Central European cities such as Berlin, Paris... are having more than 40⁰ C and these are record temperatures.
- Episode 190731 / 31 July 2019 >>> Extreme weather: is it caused by climate change?: Language related to 'heat'. Need-to-know language: scorching, heatwaves, heating up, drought resistant & baking.
At the same time, there have been heavy rains and severe floods in the area we visited this year (York and Yorkshire Dales)
UK weather: thunderstorms set to cause further flooding (The Guardian)
Bridge collapses after flash floods in North Yorkshire (The Guardian)
And what about the forest fires in Siberia?
The English We Speak: Fat chance (BBC Learning English)
All these disposable containers are a big issue to solve regarding climate change, so here's the solution >>>>
Listening exercise to do: "Coffee cups: Do you use your own?" (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
English with Lucy >>> How to STOP being shy - 6 steps to be CONFIDENT
mmmEnglish: Are you saying these words wrong?
REVISION FOR 1º Bachillerato
3. Your brother has just come home from the cinema. Ask him for his opinion of the film.
3. El tuvo que cambiarle la batería en la gasolinera que hay entre Torrenueva y Calahonda.
4. ¿Pongo la mesa? Tengo que oir las noticias. No debo perdérmelas.
5. Yo que vosotros, repasaría bien el examen otra vez
6. Cuando los ejercicios empezaron a complicarse, le pregunté a mi hermano mayor.
7. Acabo de recordar que tengo que ir al banco ahora mismo.
8. Arturo no tenía ganas de ir a clase, ni ella tampoco.
9. A Pedro le gusta mucho el fútbol y a Ron también.
"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"
Robin's Nest - 01 Sleeping Partners
SOLUTIONS to the exercises in the previous post /for further exercises of this level go to Mock exams (1º Bach)/:
3. He would play in the NBA if his talent were greater
4. Why didn't they study if you knew it was today?