Autumn is here, but we are still wearing our summer clothes and people are still going to the beach. The problem is getting really serious because the rains have not appeared.
Here are some articles related to this problem we have in Spain:
Spain sweats amid 'water wars' (BBC News)
Try to write a glossary with all the words you find interesting about this issue, and don't miss the section LINGOHACK, where you will find some more.
Video to watch:
On the way to SELECTIVITY >>> Match the definitions with these adjectives: well-dressed, self-confident, clean-shaven, narrow-minded, sun-tanned, hard-working, bad-mannered, fair-haired.
1. not willing to accept new ideas or opinions. 2. with brown skin; effect of the sunshine. 3. rude; not courteous. 4. wearing fashionable and expensive clothes. 5. with hair that is blond. 6. with no moustache or beard on the face. 7. feeling sure about your value and abilities. 8. working with effort and energy.
SELECTIVITY. Solutions to the exercise in the previous post:
1. He asked her out, but she turned him down.
2. She chatted him up, but when she found out he already had a girlfriend she lost interest.
3. She went out with him for more than a year, but then she fell out with him.
4. They decided to break up. When it finished she took a long time to get over it.
- Episode 171004 / 04 October 2017 >>> Language related to 'the environment'.
Do you know what the terms 'desertification', 'to erode', 'humidity', 'drought-resistant' and 'planting' mean?
Glossary: drought, flood, storms, climatic hazards, glacier-melting levels, sea level (Alex)