Once upon a time there was a little Scottish town, where you could have your own bookshop for a week. Have a look at the Lingohack section!!!
The first task I propose you is to look up all the vocabulary related to the topic. So here I present you with some interesting words to look up in your dictionaries:
bookshop, library, to run a business, to run out of something, sales, promotions, stacking, stock, stock exchange market, display, to book, bookworm.Can you give me any other words?
How I made a dream come true (The Guardian)What dreams do you have?
And here's another video about this amazing town: VIDEO
Activities for my 2º ESO students: Can you give the location of these two towns?Example: Salobreña is a little village on the south coast of Spain.
Here's another similar town in Wales: Hay-on-Wye
"Beards are a 'thing' now." Here's an expression you can learn about in The English We Speak (BBC Learning English)
HIGHWAY TO B2.....
USE OF ENGLISH.
1. Match the sentences in A with the sentences in B.
A B1. I wish you had phoned me. a. I'm upset because you lied to me.
2. I wish you would phone me. b. Don't lie to me!
3. I wish you hadn't lied to me. c. Please phone me.
4. I wish you wouldn't lie to me. d. I'm upset because you didn't phone me.
2. Rewrite the following sentences beginning with 'I WISH....'.1. I'm sorry I said that. 2. Don't ask me so many questions. 3. I'm upset because you asked that question. 4. Don't make that noise! 5. I'm sorry I did that. 6. Please, don't do that! 7. I'm sorry I didn't get here earlier. 8. Don't say things like that! 9. I'm upset because you said that. 10. I'm upset because you did that. 11. I'm sorry I asked that question.
- Episode 180103 / 03 January 2018 >>> Bookshop holiday - Language related to 'retail'. Need-to-know language: stacking, stock, displays, promotions & running.