What will the future of humanity be like? It has always been, it is and it will be always the same. We will have to fight to survive. Pandemias, wars, natural disasters...
Humanity or humankind? They are almost synonyms (or, at least, near synonyms, as you can see in the wordhippo thesaurus)
As nouns the difference between humanity and humankind is that humanity is mankind; human beings as a group while humankind is the human race; mankind, humanity; homo sapiens.
A listening exercise for you to do: Will humans become extinct? (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
VERY IMPORTANT PIECE OF NEWS FOR MY ESO STUDENTS >>>>
Cambridge University Press provides us with free access to textbooks of all levels in ESO (1º a 4º ESO):
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE QUARANTINE
Friday, 20th March
Burlington nos ofrece la posibilidad de que todos los alumnos usuarios de nuestros cursos tengan acceso al Interactive Student
No homework for today because on Fridays we haven't got any classes. You can watch this episode about the book Around the World in 80 Days.
Willy Fog - 02 - Bon voyage | Full Episode |
Solutions to some of yesterday's exercises.
Some questions to answer about the text:
1. What is 'a four-kilo ball'? A ball that weighs four kilos (una pelota que pesa 4 kg)
2. What is the 'winning team' and the 'losing team'? The winning team is the team that wins (el equipo ganador) and the losing team is the team that loses (el equipo perdedor)
3. Can you translate this bit into Spanish: "A few years later, someone makes a hole in the bottom of the basket and then the ball can fall down" = Unos cuantos años más tarde, alguien hace un agujero en el fondo de la cesta y después la pelota puede caer.
4. Listen to the whole text and read it aloud.
>>> Extra exercise on ADJECTIVES & ADVERBS.
1. hard, quickly 2. well, badly 3. slowly, far 4. high, easily 5. beautifully, nicely
Dictation for my 4º ESO students >>> Only 4 people sent me the number of mistakes they committed!!!
Using the link I have given you above for the digital books. Revise Unit 5 Workbook pages 40-42.
Bear in mind you can do the listening exercise by clicking on the sign. I'll give you the answers to this exercise on Monday. Let me know if you have any problems or doubts with any of the exercises.
News Review: Blue Whales return to the South Atlantic (BBC Learning English)
No homework for today because on Fridays we haven't got any classes.
You can either listen to it...
A Sherlock Holmes Novel: The Hound of the Baskervilles Audiobook
.... or watch a film
The Hound of the Baskervilles (1988 movie)
- Episode 200318 / 18 March 2020 >>> How climate change is affecting Antarctica - Language related to 'survival'. Need-to-know language: challenge, compensated, thrive, adapt & to their max.