BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

sábado, 11 de junio de 2022

Valhalla awaits Rachnar!!

Like everything in life, all comes to an end. We are not inmortal. Rachnar went to Valhalla, Nadal will soon stop playing tennis and this year has been the last one your damned English teacher has taught in Bachillerato. Younger and stronger generations are to come and take the lead, as the normal process we find in any generational replacement. This is the so-called Circle of Life, which they referred to in The Lion King.

 

Years have been tough and I'm proud of the students I have had. I know everybody, students and me, could have done much better, but at least me, I tried my best. It is time just to fight smaller battles at ESO level, which are not so demanding, but perhaps more rewarding.  

 

 

Some activities for you to do: 

   

 


Ragnar Lothbrok: Odin awaits me in the halls of Valhalla!


Next week our students are facing the Selectivity exams and I would like to present you some articles, among many others, about the current situation, what is said and what is likely to come... 

 

 

I do hope our students do their best, but we all know we haven't been fair and the marks some have do not really reflect the reality. I guess it happens everywhere, but it is a situation I cannot cope with any longer. That is why I quit the bachillerato level for ever.





 

I MUST KEEP GOING - Powerful Motivational Speech on PERSPECTIVE (Featuring Marcus Elevation Taylor)

 


 

 


   

Like Christina Perri in her song I Believe (the film version), I do believe that one day we will all discover this great fake. Don't worry about me because, as it is said in the song, "this is not the end for me, this is the beginning". This is also how Nadal has overcome all the difficulties in life and his injuries!!! Here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing along!!

 


 

As well, this is not the end for you, either. It is just the beginning of new stage in your life and I wish you all the best. It's been a pleasure to work with you these long 6 years!!!

 

 

LINGOHACK  >>>

Episode 220511 / 11 May 2022    >>>   Pigs on patrol   -    Language related to 'farming'.  

Need-to-know language: scarecrow, harvest, crop, soil  & fertile.

 


WHY WE LOVE Rafael Nadal - The G.O.A.T Tribute (21 Grand Slams Special | Thank you, Rafa!)

 


John McEnroe tells us the true story behind the legend of Rafa Nadal!!


14 Roland Garros - How Rafael Nadal BROKE a Grand Slam (all French Open winners of the Open Era)

 

Our students at work...

Project about The Hound of the Baskervilles  by Sergio García (1º Bach A)


Project about  Cervantes Meets Shakespeare  by Raquel Peinado (1º Bach A)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario