BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

sábado, 25 de mayo de 2024

Don't cry over spilt milk!


 

Have a look at what this expression means and you will understand how appropriate it is for those students who haven't done things properly. 

 

The English We Speak: Don't cry over spilt milk (BBC Learning English)

 

It is time for regretting and so the type of conditional sentences we need is... THE IMPOSSIBLE or UNREAL CONDITIONALS!!!

"I would have passed if I had studied more."

 

 

 

Here are some activities for you to do: 

 

 


 



Quizz: Complete the expression... 

 



 Our dear Amy Winehouse would probably regret for certain things she did during her life. "If she had lived a healthier life, she would have lived much longer". However, she was a genius in music and here's an example, my musical hint for today:   Back to black . Here's a version with the the lyrics for you to sing along.


 

 

Answers to the exercises in the previous post

218. Write suitable questions for these answers

 

1. How many languages do you speak?    2. Why are you learning English?

3. What will the weather be like tomorrow?

 

219. CONDITIONALS

 

1. Moya would have won Roland Garros again if he hadn't lost against Agassi.

2. If it rains, we will go inside the garage.   3. Arturo would play in the NBA if his talent were greater.

4. Why didn't you study if you knew it was today?

                                                                                                                                          

220. COMPARATIVES

 

1. worse and worse    2. furhter   3. the funniest  4. The more polluted, the bigger  5. I am as old as you   6. It isn't as cold as yesterday.



221.   1. so   2. How   3. Since   // I have lived here for ten years  //  He's got such a nice car  //  What a surprise!

 

222. Translate the following sentences into English:

 

1. I wish it rained coffee and that I passed English    

2. There are fewer exercises in this exam than in the previous one.

3. We aren't allowed to chew gum in the English class.

4. The more you have, the more you want.

5. If I were you, I would revise the exam well again.

6. You are a little younger than me, but your elder sister is as old as me (has got the same age as me).

7. I've just remembered that I have to go to the bank right now.

8. It is thought that next year Albert will be the English teacher for  2º Bachillerato. ("You must be joking!", exclaimed all the students) 


 

However, it is also time to cheer up because...

Women's football has given another important victory.


HIGHLIGHTS |  FC Barcelona vs Olympique Lyonnais (UEFA Women's Champions League Final 2024)

 

 

 

5 comentarios:

  1. The thing I like to do the most is go shopping with my cousin Carmen Lucia, from time to time we go to Motril al Stradivarius, Bershka, pull&bear, etc. Although my cousin and I like to go to the Miramar in Fuengirola much more, because there are many more cool stores there, we go to the movies and buy candy there, the last movie we saw was "Ocho apellidos marroquíes " is very funny I recommend it. We also like to spend the afternoon eating ice cream next to the shopping centre in a very nice garden. We also go to a famous park called "el parque de las tirolinas"

    Claudia Ramón Utrabo 2B

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. If i had had more time this year, I would have studied more English and I would have had better marks.Next year I will use my time in a smart way.
      Carla Vigo Alabarces 2B

      Eliminar
  2. If I dropped my glass of milk, I would feel super frustrated and a little angry. Imagine having your milk ready to drink and suddenly, boom, it all spills. I would also feel rushed to clean everything before I make a bigger mess. And if it's in the morning, it could be worse because I'd have to make myself another glass quickly. But after a few minutes, I would surely calm down and laugh at how clumsy I was.
    The Barça women's team won the 2024 Champions League final by beating Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 in San Mamés. Aitana Bonmatí scored the first goal in the 63rd minute after a pass from Mariona Caldentey. Alexia Putellas sealed the victory in added time with a goal that unleashed euphoria in the stadium, full of Barça fans. This victory meant the third Champions League for Barça and completed a perfect season with the conquest of four titles: League, Queen's Cup, Spanish Super Cup and Champions League.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This year I have not been able to study much because I have not have much time to dedicate myself to study English, language, music... . Next year I will try to study more and organize my times

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Samsung is like the ninja warrior of technology! They have all these super powerful phones and tablets that make you feel like a real digital ninja. Their Galaxy phones are like those giant robots you see in the movies, so powerful and packed with cool features! And their tablets are like magic swords that transport you to other worlds when you play games or watch videos. Plus, Samsung also makes giant TVs that make you feel like you're in the cinema all the time. In short, Samsung is like the ninja master of technology that takes you on epic adventures in the digital world.

    ResponderEliminar