BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2026

What is left of summer '26?

 

 

Summer is over, although we can still taste it not just because the heat is not gone, but also because we have some good memories to remember for ever or even dramatic moments you will never forget. This summer could be an unforgettable moment as you passed an important exam, or got a post somewhere you had wished long before or just because you met the partner of your life...

 

  


Summer '26 can have also marked our lives because of the World Cup Spain won or because of a song you will have always in your mind since it was being played when you came across your prince/princess of your life.

 

By the way, what do you think was the best song of the summer? 

 

It may have been the hottest summer of your life, as well, or the summer when you made the best journey ever or spent the best holidays ever!!! However, it can bring horrible memories to our mind: wars, conflicts, loss of a relative or friend, the end of a relationship.

 


 


Summer 2026 was UK's hottest on record, says Met Office | BBC News

Missing a few days of school should not add up to a fine (The Guardian)

The US just had its hottest summer on record, beating the Dust Bowl era (CNN)

 

Important piece of news: Fill in this form at home so that your teacher has got all the information you are asked.

 

  

 

Learning English from the News:   Meta and YouTube lose social media addiction case   (BBC Learning English)  



 


 

  Here's my musical hint for today:    All summer long by Kid Rock. Here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing along.    

 



   

 


 

Here are some more activities for my students:



 


The Entire History of London in 24 Minutes

     

 





 

English in a Minute:   Phrases with YOUNG   (BBC Learning English)  



  


 

 

"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



Learning English with Tom Hanks -     Cast Away    

 




US Open 2026: Final match... Shelton vs Zverev 

 

 



Memories of a champion / Michael Chang | Roland-Garros  (Rome 2006 - Federer vs Nadal presented and commented by Murray's brothers)

 

 

14 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. CONDITIONALS:

    I think summer is one of the best times of the year because we have more free time to do things we like. For example, we can travel, meet our friends or spend more time with our family. If I have free time in summer, I usually try to go out with my friends and enjoy the good weather, for example sometimes I go to the beach. I also think that every summer gives us new memories.

    For me, this summer has been quite special because I have spent a lot of time with my friends and I have had some good moments. If I had to choose the best moment, I would say it was when the Spain won the World Cup. We laughed a lot and we did many things. If we had stayed at home, we wouldn't have had so many funny moments together.

    However, summer can also have bad moments. Sometimes people have problems, lose someone or finish an important relationship. I think that if we only remember the bad things, we will not enjoy the good memories. If I could change one thing about this summer, I would probably have more days of holidays. But I am happy with the memories I made, even if some things didn't go as I expected.

    Andrea Romera Noguera 1Bach A (corregido)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think teenagers should do a lot of household chores how clean the house tidy their room, taking the clothes out of the washing machine and putting them in the dryer, mop the floor or help their mother in that household chores and eat healthy.

    I don't like cooking because it's very difficult for me, tidy my room and taking the clothes out of the washing machine and putting them in the dryer, too.

    I think everyone teenager should help their mother because she do every household chores.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I use a charger to give energy to my phone so when my battery is low I use it to play and it makes me feel better.

    I use air conditioners in summer. My bedroom is very hot so it keeps the room cool and it makes me feel better.

    I use a washing machine when my clothes are dirty so the washing machine clean the clothes and when I wear those clean clothes I feel better.

    I use a toothbrush in the night before going to bed to brush my teeth when they are dirty and I feel much better.

    I use a pillow when I go to sleep at night to put my head on so I use it because it is very comfortable.

    I use a microwave to make my food warm when it is frozen so I can eat the food better and this makes me feel good.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Summer is one of my favorite times of year, since we get to spend time with our friends and family. This summer, I’ve gone to a lot of swimming pools with my friends—I have a great time with them. I’ve also gone to restaurants to eat with my family. This summer, Spain won the World Cup, and we all celebrated together and were very happy about this great achievement.
    Lucia Arenas Bejar 1ABACH

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Carla De La Torre Cano17 de octubre de 2026 a las 10:31

    Summer is my favorite season, because the weather ir hot and we’re not going to class. This summer, I went to Lisboa in Portugal, is a beautiful place for a summer visit. The beach is the best place to go on the hot days. Going to fairs with friends is the best plan for the months of July and August, I have great time with them this summer. This summer 2026, Sapain won the world cup, so I celebrate with my friends and my family, this summer has bean great!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. FIRST PART

    James: do you like visiting universities?
    Laura: I like going to universities, but I hate busy places.
    James: Me, too! Do you prefer the maths university or the philosophy university.
    Laura: I love history. So I prefer the history museum because it is my favourite museum.
    James: I hate learning history in the classroom. But at the museum, there are a lots of fun activities and history to help us learn.
    Laura: That's true, and their discoveries are very interesting.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Yesterday,my family and i went to my aunt country house for lunch.It was special occasion.There were lots of people and delicious food.We had a great together.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Yesterday, my friends and went to a kebad.We ate delicious food and talked together.we had grea time.It was a very special restaurant

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Yesterday,I played a football match again la Herradura.It was a special match.We played as team and great time.It was a very exciting day.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. This summer, i went fishing with my father and my friends.We a great time togethher.We fishingtime together.It was a very special day.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. I love every subject for example: English, maths, Spanish, PE, french and physics and chemistry but I hate history and technology because they are interesting, but very boring.
    I prefer technology to history, in my opinion.

    I like a lot of sports, such as playing football, tennis, badminton, basketball, golf, handball, but I dislike volleyball, rugby, hockey and baseball.
    I don't mind playing ping pong(table tennis), water polo and cricket.

    I like food so I enjoy eating for example:
    chocolate, cakes, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, bananas, apples and pies.
    I can't stand oranges, lettuce, plums and avocados.

    ResponderEliminar