BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

jueves, 31 de diciembre de 2015

Past tenses for the good old days and good old rockers' songs!!!


Let's make a revision of the past tenses (for further information about tenses, click here):


Past Simple
  • completed actions or events that happened in the past at a specific time. (We wrote 4 compositions in the first term).
  • things which happened with a certain frequency in the past (They often played in the park).
  • past states (He was very happy with his exam results).
 USED TO
  • habits in past which are no longer true in the present situation (We used to play football in the streets because there weren't many cars. Chilren can no longer do it because of the heavy traffic).
 Past Continuous
  • actions in progress at a specific time in the past. (I was working yesterday evening at 9 o'clock).
  • past actions interrupted by other actions, most of the times using WHEN (They were playing when the accident happened).
  • two parallel actions in progress using WHILE (I was having a shower while my sister was doing the washing up).
 Past Perfect Simple/Continuous
  • actions or states that happened before other past actions. (I had already had dinner when you arrived home).
  • the continuous form is used when there is an emphasis on the action, as it happened with the Present Perfect Continuous (I had been working for more than five hours by the time you arrived home = Llevaba trabajando más de 5 horas para cuando llegaste a casa).

Long, long time ago when I was younger and I used to dance at discos (when discos were a place for dancing) to the rhythm of Baby Jane by Rod Stewart. I no longer go to discos, but I still listen to some good old rockers' songs such as: Way Back Home (have a look at the lyrics), Love is & Please .


However, there are still wonderful songs to listen to. Let me introduce you to Mr. Brian Culbertson and his song Our Love.  


Now it is time for you to send me your favourite songs.

I wish you all the best for the coming year!!!!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario