BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

jueves, 27 de abril de 2023

Unstoppable!!

 

 Yes, this is how we saw Álcaraz last week in Barcelona and how some of my students may feel now that we are coming to the end of the school year. "Unstoppable, invincible, powerful, confident...", as the singer Sia says in her song. However, we should always be humble when facing important challenges in life.

 

 

Never stop learning: How to learn English with ChatGPT  & ChatGPT for language teachers     

Master English with ChatGPT - A Step-by-Step Guide to Language Learning    



   

Here's my musical hint for today: Unstoppable by Sia. Here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing along!! 

 


 

 

 

Some activities for you to do: 

 

 

Some more activities for my students:

  • 1º ESO - What do you need to feel 'unstoppable' when learning English and having a good mark? Using the modal verbs learned in unit 5 write a comment in the affirmative and the negative to tell us how you do it and if you have any doubts, you can also ask some questions for advice.

Example: You must write your comments as soon as possible. You can read the voluntary book for the third term. You should not leave everything to the last minute. Can you record a video sketch to improve your mark? Must you hand in all the writing exercises? Should I study every day?

  • 1º ESO - What is your favourite sport? Explain the rules.

Example: My favourite sport is tennis. I can play tennis in Salobreña sports facilities. I can't play tennis with my left hand. You must train very hard to become a good player. You mustn't bring your pet to the tennis court, but it can stay outside. You should bring enough tennis ball to play and you shouldn't forget to call a friend to play with you.

My doubts: Can you play alone? Yes, if there is a wall. Must your tennis racket be very expensive to play well? No, it is not necessary. You can start with a cheap one. Should I wear a cap? Yes, if it is summer and it is very warm.




Tennis:
Carlos Álcaraz defeating Tsitsipas at 🏆 | Godó 2023 Final Highlights, but the best match was against fellow Spaniard Davidovich Fokina!!!   


and here's young Carlos Alcaraz and Holge Rune playing together doubles   

 



17 comentarios:

  1. Should have tennis classes?
    Yes,you should.
    Must I wear trainers?
    Yes,you must.
    Can I eat junk food?
    No,you can't.
    Can I have a party after the match?
    No,you can't because you must practise.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The end of the course is coming and we have to try to do the exams well to be able to pass the course, also to not be studying in the summer holidays, to be able to rest, go out with your friends and have fun, to be able to go to the beach, to go for an ice cream.
    Leonel Quesada,1ºA

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Carlos alcaraz has been better at playing tennis than tsitsipas, he has won the Godó final.
    At only 19 years old, if he continues like this he will become one of the best players in the world.
    Let's go alcaraz for the Roland Garros!
    Izan lomas 1ºA

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Carlos alcaraz has been better at playing tennis than tsitsipas, he has won the Godó final.
    At only 19 years old, if he continues like this he will become one of the best players in the world.
    Let's go alcaraz for the Roland Garros!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Could Tsitsipas have won Alcaraz?
    Yes, he could if he had played better.
    Did Tsitsipas use his skills well?
    No, he could use them better.
    Carlos alcaraz could win the Roland Garros?
    if possible
    tsitsipas juice well?
    no, that's why I lost.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi, I'm Izan, I'm 13 years old. I live in Salobreña (Granada).
    I am a studious boy when I want to.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. English seems difficult to me, because I don't understand anything.
    Previously I took notes of 7 and 8 but now I don't know what happened to me.
    I know that with a little suffering and effort you can pass, and on top of that, English is a language that will open many doors for you in the future.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. GO SHOPPING

    A:Hello,can I help you?
    B: Yes, please. I must buy a swimsuit for my son because he has voy swim class.
    A: Okay, do you want to buy this swimsuit?
    B: No, it's very long.
    A: And this?
    B: It's very short.
    A: And this? This is the best of my shop.
    B: Yes! It's perfect. How much is it? A:It's £70.
    B: Okay, I'll take it.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Te end of the school year is near so we need to do our best to get the best marks. A lot of people will feel confident but others can feel anxious because there are a lot of exams and they are near of each other so we have less time for ourselves and this can dicrease your confidence and think that you'll fail al the exams and you won't pass. But in this type of situations you need to keep calmed and take your to organise everything, when you do this you can create priorities and you'll be more calm and you can increase or maintain a good mark.

    Javier Rivas López 4º ESO A

    ResponderEliminar
  11. The end of the school year is to arrive, you have to work a little to get the best marks at school ahead so you don't spend the summer studying.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Carlos Alcaraz is very good at playing tennis. I find it incredible that at 20 he is so good, surely he has trained a lot.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. chatGPT is a artifical intellegent , you can ask anything and it can solve . many student use chatGPT for solve ours homework , for example i know more than one who does English writing with chatGPT .
    ChatGPT can be good tool if it is used well , for example , you can ask him do a training routine for you.


    Roberto Prados González 4ºA

    ResponderEliminar
  14. BUYING SHOES
    A: Hello, good afternoon.
    B: Hello, can I help you with something?
    A: Yes, I need to buy some basketball shoes.
    B: What size, color and type?
    A: For the size I need a 45, black color and type of boot.
    B: Ok I think I have the perfect shoe for you.
    A: Ok thanks, how much would it be?
    B: It would be $67.
    A: Here you are.
    A: Thank you so much.
    B: See you soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. HAVE A PET
    Having a pet is a great responsibility.
    My parents recently bought me a rabbit, before buying it we had to buy a wooden house, hay, which is what it eats daily, compressed hay, a bottle with a tube for it to drink...
    It is white, its ears are gray and it has blue eyes.
    For me it is the best rabbit in the world.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. My favorite game is one called Zelda, it's about a boy named Link who tries to save the kingdom of Hyrule. The princess is called Zelda that we have to save. It's an open world game and it's great to pass the time.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. GO SHOPPING

    A: Hello.
    B: Hello, what do you need?
    A: I was looking for a new shoes.
    B: Ok, what type of shoes do you want.
    A: I want an Adidas shoes.
    B: Ok, what's your size?
    A: I'm a 42.
    B: Ok... what color do you prefer?
    A: Red.
    B: Here you are. It is 54$, in cash or by card?
    A: I want to pay with card.
    B: Ok... there it is, thanks for buying in our store!
    A: No problem, bye!
    B: Bye!

    Leo Gómez 2ESO-B

    ResponderEliminar