Crowds, clocks, heat, rush hours, traffic jams... this is not life, but HELL!!! We live in a world where there is no room for solitude and time to think about life itself. How did you spend your summer? Are you looking forward to going back to the routines of the year.
Here I present you a listening exercise to do, related articles to read and a video to watch. I hope you have time to do them all and think about the issue.
Listening exercise to do: Would the world stop without clocks? (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
Imagine a world with no clocks (The Independent)
And here are 13 of the Most Isolated Places on the Planet >>>
REVISION EXERCISE for 1º Bachillerato >>>
117. TENSES. Put the verbs in brackets into their correct tense :
Proposed solutions to exercises 114, 115 & 116 in the previous post
1. This is the bed I slept in when.. // This is the bed where I slept when...
2. Yesterday my cousin visited his mother, who lives....
3. My father has got a Mercedes Benz, which is...
1. Milk isn't sold in that shop. 2. The dinner was being cooked when...
3. Has my brother been seen at school? 4. An orange cannot be eaten if it hasn't been peeled before.
5. We were given some books for you. // Some books were given to us for you.
Ex 116 >>>
1. Do you believe that some people can predict (foretell) the future?