What do the terms: 'Gen Z' and 'take over' mean? Do you think you belong to this Generation Z? What are the main differences between Generation Z teenagers and teenagers of previous generations? How different did your parents used to be from you?
Here's a listening exercise to do: Describing Generation Z (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
These are some articles you can read about the issue:
Generation Z: ‘We have more to do than drink and take drugs’ (The Guardian)
Millennials disrupted the system. Gen Z is here to fix the mess. (The Washington Post)
News Review: 60% drop in global wildlife (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
REVISION EXERCISE for 4º ESO
MAKING SUGGESTIONS (Analyse different ways how to suggest first)
"All right, but you'll have to lend me some money." "OK, but can you help me with my English homework?"1. YOU: "There is nothing on TV tonight."
2. YOU: "I am going on holiday to the north of Spain."
3. YOU: "I'm afraid I'm going to fail English."
4. Víctor: "10 kg of baggage is not enough for me."
5. YOU: "We would like to give a surprise birthday party for our History teacher."
6. YOU: "I don't know which kind of present we could give him."
7. YOU: "We've still got 2 T-shirts and 3 sweaters left to sell. What can we do?"
8. YOU: "It's raining. We can't go out."
9. YOU: "I'm starving."
10. YOU: "The classroom is really untidy and messy. Albert is going to get really furious with us when he comes."
- Episode 181031 / 31 October 2018 >>> Dogs could help detect malaria - Language related to 'dogs'. Need-to-know language: four-legged friends, on the scent, pooches, & sniff out something/someone.
What do they mean by saying: "four-legged friends"? What is the word for young dogs?
A four-legged friend obviously makes reference to dogs. How would say in English: 'tuerto'?
Answer these questions using the same pattern: How do you call...
1 ..... a man that looks strange?
2 ..... a young girl that has got fair hair?
3 ..... a lady that dresses badly?
4 ...... some furniture that has been made well?