Mating, flirting... love, but beware of sexual harassment. Spring and St Valentine's Day are nearer and nearer and nature knows that!!!
Here are some articles to read about the issue:
The science of flirting (BBC Science)
How to flirt: lessons for women (The Guardian)
Is flirting cheating? (The Independent)
Have a look at the bird seduction techniques >>>>
And what about cranes in Japan?? Isn't their dance incredible?
Whales and their songs, another issue worth analysing >>>
- Episode 190206 / 06 February 2019 >>> The changing sound of whale song - Language related to 'singing and songwriting'. Need-to-know language: tunes, singing from the same shong sheet, embellishments, start from scratch & musical repertoire.
Episode 2: Adverbs of frequency in our series of BBC Learning English: The Grammar Gameshow, where you can test your knowledge of grammar.
Here's some advice to new teachers >>>
Lucy tells us about Top 10 mispronounced English words.
EXCLAMATORY SENTENCES + SO / SUCH
What an (easy) exam we had at the Official Language School in Motril! >>> We had such an (easy) exam....
What (good) basketball players we have in Spain! >>> We have such (good) basketball players in Spain.
What (good) wine they make in Itrabo! >>> They make such (good) wine in Itrabo.
How carefully Fernando Alonso drives when it rains! >>>> Fernando Alonso drives so carefully when it rains.
Some sentences to translate into English:
1. ¡Qué bien canta mi primo!
2. ¡Qué canción tan bonita él canto en la fiesta!
3. ¡Qué ejercicio!
4. ¡Qué ejercicio tan fácil estamos haciendo!
5. ¡Qué frío hace en Ítrabo!
6. ¡Qué buen queso hacen en Holanda!
7. ¡Qué buenos futbolistas hay en Holanda!
1. ___________ unreliable McLaren is! Yes, but Alonso drove ……….… carelessly that he crashed it.
2. __________ tasty ham they have in Trevelez! They have …………. good conditions there.
3. _____________ funny this film is! Well, the actors aren’t ………… funny.
4. _____________ fast Usain Bolt runs! He is ………… fast runner.
Finally, have a look at this post in my blog Neither trekking nor just climbing... it is actually running in the Alps!!!! , where you can find a link to a page where there are loads of exercises about this issue.