It is a long way to a final solution to the health crisis we are dealing with. There is again a polarisation between those who are stronger and those who are weaker since the stronger are working better and better, and the weaker ARE NOT WORKING AT ALL!!!!
HALF OF OUR STUDENTS, at the end of this second week, have done NOTHING AT ALL, which means they will be in worse conditions than two weeks ago. It's so sad!!
All around the world many teams of scientists are working on a vaccine:
'It’s a razor’s edge we’re walking': inside the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine (the long read, The Guardian)
How coronavirus took just weeks to overwhelm Spain (The Guardian)
Supertramp Take The Long Way Home (lyrics)
Here's Albert, your English teacher, to give you a lift!!!
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE QUARANTINE
Friday, 27th March
No tasks for today because we don't have class on Fridays, but 2 little things for the weekend:
>>> Listen to the reader Around the World in 80 Days and then, read aloud
>>> Watch this:
Willy Fog - 04 - The Temple of Doom | Full Episode
First of all, I have to apologize as I forgot to give you the solutions on Monday to pages 40-42 in the workbook.
So here are the solutions:Vocabulary
1. insect bite, sprained ankle, stomachache, temperature, rash, wart, cough, verruca, ear infection, cold
2 2. sprained ankle 3. insect bite, rash 4. temperature 5. verruca 6. infections
7. stomach ache 8. cold, cough
3 2. ear infection 3. stomach ache 4. insect bite 5. sprained ankle 6. cold
1 1. impossible 2. possible 3. highly probable 4. possible, but not certain
2 2. might/may/could 3. might/may/could 4. can't 5. must 6. might/may/could
3 2. can't 3. must 4. can't 5. might 6. may
4 2. must be horrible 3. might be good for a cold 4. too much orange juice could be bad for you 5. can be bad for you
5 1. Pudiera ser que ellos jugaran al tenis más tarde hoy.
2. Tanto chocolate no puede ser bueno para ti.
3. Mi instituto puede que ponga yoga antes de clase.
4. Debes estar realmente en forma si vas a correr todos los días.
5. Ella podría tener fiebre porque ella tiene una infección.
6. Los veganos pueden tener problemas con el tema de comer suficientes proteinas.
6. Being ill a lot must be really annoying.
Doing exercise before class can be a good idea.
Only eating raw food can't be good for your health.
Using alternative medicine, like acupuncture, could be the solution for your pains in the back.
Making sure you have a balanced diet might solve your ankle problems.
1 1. in good shape, in bad, out of, get in
2. put on, have (a weight) problem, lose, go on
3. is on, well-balanced
2 2. get in shape/lose weight 3. well-balanced diet 4. in good shape 5. a weight problem
6. put on (so much) weight 7. go on a diet 8. lose weight
3 No, she doesn't
4 2 T 3T 4F 5F 6F 7T 8T 9F 10T