BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

miércoles, 20 de julio de 2022

Reggae nights

Once upon a time, when I was in my late teens and used to hang around every summer evening with my friends, this is the kind of music we used to dance to. 

What good memories! Now when we meet, in our late fifties, we laugh about it and all the nicknames we had. I hope you are enjoying your summer holidays because these are moments you will never forget.

 



   

So here's my musical hint for today: Reggae Night by Jimmy Cliff. Here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing and dance along!!





CONGRATULATIONS to Fran Toledo (3º ESO A) and José Adrián González (1º Bach A) for getting their B1 in English!!! Here are the marks in the 4 skills of a 3º ESO student, an example to follow by all the students at our school!!!



 


Some activities for you to do: 

 




Answers to part one in the previous post...

A.     11. b   12. b   13. d    14. c   15. c   16. b   17. c  18. d   19. a  20. a 


TEST YOUR ENGLISH

A. Choose the correct option. 

21. One of the most luxurious and expensive hotels in Europe is "The Shelbourne",  ...... located in the centre of Dublin.    a. which is   b. that is   c. where is   d. whose

22. They gave me a form and they told me to  .....     a. fill in    b. fill in it   c. filling    d. fill it in

23. My mother wants .....     a. that I study architecture   b. me to study architecture   c. me studying architecture   d. that I will study architecture

24. He entered the house as silently as possible .....     a. for not waking his parents    b. so as not to wake his parents   c. for not wake his parents    d. to not wake his parents

25. It's Saturday so I ......    a. mustn't go to the school   b. mustn't go to school   c. don't have to go to school   d. don't have to go to the school

26. Not too many people  ..... at the meeting.      a. came    b. turned up   c. put up    d. came up

27. My stomach feels strange. The food in the Indian restaurant ...... been bad.    a. must   b. must have   c. could had   d. might of

28. The time for discussing the problem is over. Now we must act.  "Discussing" in this sentence can be substituted for    a. arguing about    b. thinking about   c. talking about    d. delaying

29. The total influence of literature upon the course of human history ...... .  a. is difficult to evaluate   b. an evaluation is difficult   c. difficult to evaluate it   d. it is difficult to evaluate

30. Public transport in most of the country is getting better. ..... , people continue to prefer using the car.       a. However,     b. Consequently   c. Despite the fact    d. Although

 



 


"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"

Mind Your Language - What is a sextet?  & Failed but happy  (edited clips)      


 

 

 

Football:  Football’s Greatest Players - Ronaldo   

 

2 comentarios:

  1. Reggae is a musical style well known by many people in my opinion I don’t like it very much but there are some songs by Bob Marley that if you like for example It is LOVE and I also like Bob Marley for the shirt that I take out the Ayax in representation to me in my opinion I like more reggaeton because it is a musical style that encourages you to dance my favorite singers are Mora, Myke Tower and many more. ABEL MARTÍNEZ PADILLA

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Reggae is a musical style well known by many people in my opinion I don’t like it very much but there are some songs by Bob Marley that if you like for example It is LOVE and I also like Bob Marley for the shirt that I take out the Ayax in representation to me in my opinion I like more reggaeton because it is a musical style that encourages you to dance my favorite singers are Mora, Myke Tower and many more. ABEL MARTÍNEZ PADILLA

    ResponderEliminar