BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

viernes, 2 de febrero de 2024

This guy is relentless, always on the go!!






 "Is he going to play every point like that?"   Well, you have to be like Rafa Nadal if you want to aim at high achievements and become a high flier!! 



What is a high flier? It is not a person who can fly high, but someone who has great expectations in life and works hard for them because he is highly motivated. (Note the use of high as an adjective and as an adverb, do not confuse the adverb with 'highly', which is an intensifier)




 

The English We Speak: On the go   (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)

 


 

  

Here are some activities for you to do:







mmmEnglish teaches us how to some common mistakes with English adjectives: -ed vs -ing adjectives .

 

 

 

Here's an article for you to read and a video to watch about 'DEEPFAKES':

 

 

Activities for my students.....

 

in 2º ESO: You can do this exercise on the PAST CONTINUOUS >>>>     EXERCISE ON THE PAST CONTINUOUS   



in 3º ESO:  Some excercises on YET, ALREADY & STILL:    1   ,  2    ,  3   ,   4         






"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



 Another relentless guy: POPEYE the sailor      


The Big Chop for my 2º ESO students
 


9 comentarios:

  1. María José García García3 de febrero de 2024, 19:31

    That’s the way, my dear friend!!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Always a pleasure to give my students and visitors hints to learn English and improve in life!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. WRITING 07

    Taxi driver: Hello, where do you want to take you?
    Client: Hello, we are on the A33 and I need to go to the hospital.
    Taxi driver: can you give me the directions?
    Customer: Yes. First go straight and turn left at the first intersection.
    Taxi driver: okay.
    Customer: then go straight again to A65 street.
    Taxi driver: yes.
    Client: turn right onto A21 street and go straight again, passing the traffic light until you reach the hospital.
    Taxi driver: We're here.
    Client: thank you, how much should I give you?
    Taxi driver: 20 dollars.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Lady Gaga is an America Singer, actress, and songwriter, known for her extravagant style and musical talent. She is tall and slim, with blonde or brightly colored hair. She is also known for her passion for fashion and her bravery in being true to herself. Lady Gaga has been a proniment advocate for the LGTBQ+ community and a supporter of mental health awareness.
    Claudia Ramón Utrabo 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  5. 1. Julie was sleeping at three o'clock.
    2. You were watching at three o'clock.
    3. Luke was reading at three o'clock.
    4. I was working at three o'clock.
    5. They were eating at three o'clock.
    6. Jhon was playing tennis at three o'clock.
    7. We were watching tv at three o'clock.
    8. He was using the internet at three o'clock.
    9. You were cooking lunch at three o'clock.
    10. We were traveling to London at three o'clock.
    11. Mrs Brown wasn't walking in the garden when the murder happened.
    12. Mr Black wasn't working in his study when the murder happened.
    13. Miss Jones wasn't talking to Mr. White when the murder happened.
    14. You weren't playing cards when the murder happened.
    15. Dr Ford wasn't reading in his room when the murder happened.
    16. Mr. and Mrs. Green weren't eating in the dining room when the murder happened.
    17. Mr Blue wasn´t drinking coffee in the library when the murder happened.
    18. The maid wasn't cleaning the bedrooms when the murder happened.
    19. I wasn't listening to music when the murder happened.
    20. The dogs weren't playing outside when the murder happened.

    Carolina Prieto López

    ResponderEliminar
  6. This week I was doing a lot of things. For example, I took several exams so I was also reviewing. My homework was difficult and I spent until seven o'clock reading, but I also had plenty of time to rest.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. WRITING 10

    My name is Amin Briouel. I'm 13 years old and I live in Molvizar. I've got two brothers and we live with my parents,but my grandparents don't live with our.

    In the summer,Molvizar it's usually warm and dry. In this season we always visit my grandparents in Marroco.In winter the weather it's very cold, and we rarely go Marroco. We love stay at home because it's better.

    I like go Marroco, but I think Molvizar is better than it.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. This week i was doing a lot of things. For example, i took several exams so i was study. My homework of maths is very difficult

    ResponderEliminar
  9. My name is Laura Ruano Fernández. I'm 15 years old and I live in Guájar Faragüit. I have one brother and one sister. My grandparents live there too. My favourite activities to do in my village are go out with my dog and go to the river. My favourite village festival is Saint Lorenzo becaus e there are a lots activities for doing and at night you can go to a party with your friends.

    ResponderEliminar