BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2024

Back to our beloved routines, our high life!

 

 

 

  Here's September and that means that we go back to our beloved routines, in which we also rest because holidays can be also stressful. It is time to meet our friends at school and be ready for higher goals in life.

 

Therefore, going back to school may look like heavy lifting (see meaning of the expression below), but it is not. It is just a piece of cake (By the way, how would you translate this last expression in Spanish > check in the note below).


 

The English We Speak: Heavy lifting (BBC Learning English)


 

 


Here are some activities for you to do:

 




 

 

 Here's my musical hint for September and our return to school:  Back in the high life by Steve Winwood. 

Listen and try to fill in the gaps... 

It _ _ _ _   _ _ seem to me that my life ran on  _ _ _    _ _ _And I (5 words) ________________________ just to make the good parts lastBut when you're born to run it's so hard to just  _ _ _   _ _ _ _So don't be _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  to see me back in that bright part of town
I'll be back in the high life again(5 words) ___________________________ one time will open up againI'll be back in the high life again(5 words) ___________________________  me once will smile and take me in
And I'll _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _   with one hand freeLet the world back into me and on I'll be a sight to seeBack in the high life again
You used to be the best to make life be life to meAnd I hope that you're still out there and you're like you used to beWe'll have ourselves a time_____________________________________________And we'll let the good times come inAnd we won't stop 'til we're done
We'll be back in the high life again

Then sing along with this version with the lyrics and check!





English with Lucy  >>>   How to read ALL NUMBERS in English - BIG NUMBERS, Decimals, Dates, Fractions, Phones, Ordinals   


 


 

 

"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



Stories in English to improve your listening skills:   Abraham Lincoln  
 

 


 


US Open - Huge shocks in the US Open 2024: Djokovic OUT!  , Álcaraz OUT!  , Musetti OUT!Korda OUT!  ....

 

 

 

 

 

 Note: a piece of cake = pan comido

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario