BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2026

Beware of the future! AI is here!

 

 

We are told to beware of the AI and all the dangers it brings along. Here are some articles for you to read:


 

Costs and Risks of Artificial Intelligence (Tufts)

 

 


You should always try to do exercises and tasks yourself so as to learn how good you are, to learn about the difficulties of every challenge and because, after all, you will come to a point when you will have just a piece of paper to do your best. 


FOR, SINCE, AGO




  

 

Learning English from the News:   AI and trade: Will they agree?  & Could AI kill us all?  (BBC Learning English)  



 

 

  Here's my musical hint for today:    When I was young - The Irish song that brings back every childhood memory. Here's a version with the lyrics by Mikhail Bennet for you to sing along.    

 




   

 

Here are some more activities for my students:



 



The Story of Greece and the birth of the West

     







 

English in a Minute:   4 meanings of JAM   (BBC Learning English)  



  


 

 

"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



Learning English with      SPIDER-MAN   -  Peter Parker meets Tony Sparks 

 








US Open 1982 - Semi-finals  Lendl vs McEnroe

 

 







9 comentarios:

  1. Next summer I will enjoy my holidays with my friends and my family. I will go to the beach, go to parties and spend more time with my best friend. I have never had a summer exactly like this, so I think it will be very fun. I will review some subjects like English and Maths because I don’t want to forget the basic things. I have been learning English for some years and I will review it sometimes. I think summer is better than winter and it is the best time of the year because I can relax and have fun.
    Marina Alonso Aguado 1 bachiller

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Carlos Alcaraz has tennis practice every day, but Rafa Nadal can't do it because he is retired.

    Carlos Alcaraz play matches, but Rafa Nadal doesn't play matches because he is retired.

    Carlos Alcaraz gets up at six o'clock in the morning, but Rafa Nadal isn't getting up so early because he is retired.

    Carlos Alcaraz goes to sleep at seven o'clock in the afternoon, but Rafa Nadal doesn't go to sleep at that time because he is retired.

    Carlos Alcaraz is a professional tennis player today, but Rafa Nadal is retired and he doesn't play tennis any more.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Next summer I will enjoy my holidays with my friends and my family. I will go to the beach, go to parties and spend more time with my best friend. I have never had a summer exactly like this, so I think it will be such good fun. I will revise some subjects like English and Maths because I don’t want to forget the basic things. I have been learning English for some years and I will revise it sometimes. I think summer is better than winter and it is the best time of the year because I can relax and have fun.
    Marina Alonso. Aguado

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Estela Bautista Maldonado15 de octubre de 2026 a las 16:47

    For me, this is the best work in the whole class because it is very woll do. I really like how it looks and how easy it is to understand. I think it is the pretiest and the most complete of all. I also think it is the mostt original because it has good ideas. You can see that a lot effort was put into it. In my opinion, it is the best work because it is clean, tidi and easy to understand. I think it is a good example for the other students in the class.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Estela Bautista Maldonado15 de octubre de 2026 a las 16:48

    For me María is the smartest in the group because she is very good at school. She understand things quickli and gets good grades. I think she is the most intelligent because she studies and works hard she also helps her classmates when they need it. In my opinion, María is a very good student and a good example for the class.
    Estela Bautista Maldonado

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Estela Bautista Maldonado15 de octubre de 2026 a las 16:49

    In my opinion, Juan is taller than Pedro because he is bigger. When they stand together, Juan looks taller. Pedro is also tall, but Juan is taller than him. They are good friends, but they are different in height. I think Juan is taller than Pedro because it is easy to see when they stand next to each ot
    Estela Bautista Maldonado

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Estela Bautista Maldonado15 de octubre de 2026 a las 16:49

    For me, my house is bigger than yours because it has more room and more space. My house has a big living room, a kitchen, and several bedrooms. Your house may bee nice too but mine is bigger. I like my house because I have more spaces to relax and spends time with my family. In my opinion, my house is a very nice place to live.
    Estela Bautista Maldonado

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I have only three words, I'm scared. Why? Because of the AI.

    I think that absolutely everyone know what AI is - artificial intelligence, a program that can do and think a lot of things - but not everyone thinks about the future and the several problems it can bring us.

    If we talk about society in the world there are some problems such as unemployment or stealing information. However, if we talk about society in internet, there are other serious problems, now any photo we see in Facebook or Instagram we wonder if it was made by AI or it is real.

    The problem isn't that, we can sometimes do funny photos with AI, but the real problem is when bad people spread fake news with fake photos made by AI, and the worst thing is that some people trust it.

    Now there are too many problems, but I can't imagine when AI gets smarter than now. No one will trust anyone.

    ResponderEliminar