... books, pencils, values, etc NOT WITH GUNS!!! Schools are not the Far West, where cowboys used to solve every matter shooting.
Here's a real cowboy, John Wayne, and the way he solved matters. Is this what we want for our schools?
And here's Gary Cooper in High Noon (Click here to watch the full movie). Again any resemblance with a school?
Here are some related articles to read about the issue:
Trump Suggests Teachers Get a ‘Bit of a Bonus’ to Carry Guns (The New York Times)
Cops And Educators Agree: Arming Teachers Is A Terrible Idea (Huffington Post)
What is the verb that comes from the adjective 'deterrent'? How would you say in English: "La alarma disuadirá a los ladrones de entrar en la casa".
Activities for my 2º ESO students: What would you like your teacher to be like?
HIGHWAY TO B2.....
24. Fill in the gaps with these words: bargain , deal , exchange , change , rate
3. Let's make a _______________ . You have my sweater, and I'll have your jeans.
4. This isn't the right _______________ . I gave you twenty pounds, not ten!
5. What's the _____________ for dollars today?
And now with: advice , intention , meaning , mind , opinion6. In my ___________, I think that marriage is definitely a good thing.
7. I took my mother's ______________ . I didn't get married until I was twenty-five.
8. I can't make up my _____________ whether to get married or not.
9. I have no ____________ of ever getting married.
10. Marriage? My husband doesn't understand the real _____________ of the word!
Solutions to VOCABULARY exercises in the previous post.A. 1. borrow 2. lend 3. lend 4. lent 5. borrow 6. borrowing 7. lending
Here you can read about the difference between error and mistake. FAULT/ERROR/MISTAKE, further explanation and exercises.