How did it go yesterday? I mean St. Valentine's Day. I hope it went well. It is sometimes difficult to make ends meet (have a look below for its meaning, from the economical point of view).
Here are two listening exercises to do and that may be related to the issue of LOVE: Dating apps (there are previous posts in this blog for you to see, such as: Virtual or real relationship? ) High heels (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English). However, you may have some problems when having a date, such as: Bad Dates - The Drunk date (the world of dating according to BBC Learning English)
Have a look at what this idiom means: Make ends meet and tell me how we would say it in Spanish.
Sir Ken Robinson explains everything about education in two minutes
Here's our next episode in the series of BBC Learning English: The Grammar Gameshow, where you can test your knowledge of grammar. Episode 3: Adjectives.
And still talking about adjectives: The + Adjectives ?(English in a Minute)
REVISING THE FUTURE TENSES.....First, decide what kind of action it is (a. arrangement; b. general prediction; c. plan/decision; d. real conditional; e. instant decision) and, then, put the verbs in brackets into their correct FUTURE TENSE.
1. _____ Let’s organize this weekend. I (call) ________________________ the Sports Hall and we (play) _______________________ on Saturday.
2. _____ "It's so hot in here!" "I (open) ____________________ the window."
3. _____ My parents (buy) _____________________ me a bicycle if I pass all the subjects in June.
4. _____ Look at my agenda. We (do) _____________________ an English exam next week.
5. _____ In the future, Marco (become) ______________________ a professional football player.
6. _____ "Someone's knocking on the door" "Don't move! I (go) ____________ and see who it is."
7. _____ If we finish in time, we (have) _______________________ a picnic afterwards.
8. _____ We’ve taken a decision. This afternoon we (prepare) __________________ ____________ everything to do the video sketch in English for Albert.
9. _____ Real Madrid (play) ________________________ against Liverpool in the Champions League Final.
10. ______ Johnny: "I'm so hungry! I haven't eaten since breakfast." Mum: "I (make) ____________________ a ham and cheese sandwich in a minute."
11. _____ One day students (fly) ________________________ their own helicopter to school instead of walking or taking the bus.
12. _____ We (get) ____________________ our B1 in French in three years’ time if we register at the Official Language School next year.
13. ______ Students in 2º ESO (have) ____________________________ a big night party on St John’s night. They are already collecting some wood.
14. ______ Students: "We can't remember very well the future tenses." Albert: " Don't worry. I (prepare) ________________ an exercise for you and post it in my blog."
15. Albert: "It's hot in here. (you, open) __________________ the window, please?"
Which sentences are polite offers? and which ones are polite requests? Are they instant decisions?