We are real champions!!! Here we are all confined with such a gorgeous spring weather outside. It's getting tougher and tougher, but students and teachers at IES Mediterraneo are doing a great job.
Breaking news (Could this be true? the light at the end of the tunnel?):
Coronairus outbreak: When Europe eases its coronavirus lockdowns, will the UK watch and learn? (The Guardian)
Here's a song you are probably familiar with. Have a look at the lyrics.
Queen - We Are The Champions [With Lyrics on Video]
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE QUARANTINE
Thursday, 23rd April
Tasks for today:
- Remember to do the dictation >>> DICTATION 02 Next week I will give you the answers for you to correct it. Translate the sentences into Spanish.
- Do exercises on page 77.
Comparatives and superlatives: comparatives and superlatives 03
Solutions to yesterday's COMPARATIVES exercise:1) bigger, the biggest 2) small, smaller 3) tallest 4) shorter 5) bright, brighter 6) far, farther 7) happy, happier
No homework for today, but remember to tell me the number of mistakes in the dictation:
Dictation for my 4º ESO students. You can correct it yourself (page 7) >>> DICTATION 02
Let's do a quizz to revise when to use: JUST, ALREADY or YET? (BBC Learning English)
Tasks for today:
Dictation. You can correct it yourself (page 67) >>>> DICTATION 02
Some of you have already done it and sent me the number of mistakes you committed. You're real champs!!!
Unit 8 - pages 96-97 >>> On Monday we will be correcting the first 3 pages in our online class.
Some questions for you to answer:
1. How do you say 'sensible' in English?
2. Pay attention to the spelling in TO ADVICE - A PIECE OF ADVICE . Can you give me any other example?
3. Can you translate into English this (there's something similar in the text)? Tengo dos veces más información sobre el Coronavirus cuando leo el periódico que cuando ve la televisión.
4. You can also make a comment in this post by answering the 3 questions in GET SET ... GO section on page 97.
Listening exercise for you to do: Improving your memory (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
John McEnroe vs Jimmy Connors SF US Open 1984
- Episode 200422 / 22 April 2020 >>> Covid-19: The bikers delivering vital supplies (Help on two wheels) - Language related to 'isolation'. Need-to-know language: stuck at home, self-isolate, keep ourselves to ourselves, lockdown & stick together.