BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

martes, 17 de octubre de 2023

Call dibs on fresh homemade artisan bread!

 Last Monday, 16th October, was World Bread Day. How much bread do you eat in your family? Do you usually eat bread with your meals or do you substitute it by rice, pasta...? How important is bread for you? Do you buy any special bread or do you eat any bread?

 



 Here are some articles for you to read and videos to watch related to the issue:



 

 

Bread Song by Peter Weatherall (Where does bread come from?)


 


 

 

Here are some activities for you to do:

  • The English We Speak: Call dibs  (BBC Learning English)

 


   

Here's my musical hint for today: Come on everybody by Jive Bunny (another version by Eddie Crochan. You can have a look at the lyrics in this version with lyrics.

  


 



English with Lucy:  YES, it's possible - Food & Drink at C1/C2 (Advanced) Level of English!    




 

 




Activities for my students.....

 

in 2º ESO:  A little or a few?  

in 3º ESO:  Agreeing and disagreeing 

 

2 comentarios:

  1. Dialogue at the grocery
    A: Hi, what do you want?
    B: Hello, can I have a few cucumbers?
    A: Yes, three cucumbers?
    B: Ok it's enought. Have you got some cheese?
    A: Yes, there is a little. Any more?
    B: Yes, let my think, well can I have a few tomatoes and a little of vinegar?
    A: Here you are, it is 9,54$
    B: OH is too cheap, thank you.

    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  2. We eat a lot of bread in my family, Yes, I usually eat bread with my meals. Bread is very important for me. I buy bread in the bakery

    ResponderEliminar