BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

jueves, 23 de noviembre de 2023

Teachers are a kind of conductors

 Are they? Do you mean they can drive faster than Fernando Alonso? No, no, I'm only joking. Watch the following video and you'll discover that 'to conduct' can be a'false friend' for us.


English in a Minute: How to use 'CONDUCT'  (BBC Learning English)

 



Conductor can also be the person in charge of an orchestra or the person collecting the tickets in a bus or a train.

As I said, teachers are a kind of conductors because they try to lead a group of students in their learning process. They can help the students, but they can't do all the work. It is then time for the students to get to work.

 

In your opinion, what should be the role of teachers? What must they do? What do they have to do to make their students learn?

 



   

Here's my musical hint for today by the great German conductor Herbert Von Karajan: full album 


 

 


Here are some activities for you to do:

 



 

Activities for my students.....

 

in 2º ESO:    

 

SO, TOO & ENOUGH   ( SO, TOO & ENOUGH )

Dialogue page 30 (New English in Use 2) -  Making recommendations   

A: You can go to Alicante. There are so many funfairs. It is so exciting!

B: Sorry. I don't like funfairs because they are too noisy. There's too much noise and there are too many people.  

c: Then you can go to Novelda. It is quiet enough for you. There are enough quiet places for you to stay and there are enough  parks for you to go for a walk.    

 

Translate the following sentences into English:

 

 

 

mmmEnglish - SMALL TALK  >>> Pronunciation lesson: bath or bathe?



"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



 Learn English with  Arnold  , a body builder who worked tirelessly towards success in life
 

 


   Vintage tennis: Was Steffi Graff really this good?   

 



19 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I wouldn't replace my family for anything. We went on many excursions: last summer we went to Morocco and we also went to its beaches, but I didn't like them that much. Also my father, at work, travels to England on a train under the sea.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. SENTENCES COMPARING

    1.An elephant is bigger than a dolphin.
    2.The giraffe is the tallest animal in the world.
    3.My house is less large than your house.
    4.Birds in Australia are more colourfull than birds in Britain.
    5.My class is the noisest class in the school.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. antonio miguel burell fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I am too fast but there is an animal that is faster than me and that animal is the leopard that runs fifty-eight km.

    antonio miguel burell fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  7. In my opinion, the teachers must be educated , explain well and answer your questions. They must also be good, that is, in the exams they must put what was given in the subject and send things that we have given in class. But the students must be respectful and listen when they are explaning .
    Laura Ruano Fernández 3ºA.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. (corregido)
    In my opinion, teachers must be polite, explain well and answer yor questions. They must also be
    good, that is, in the exams they must put what was seen in classes and give us things for homework that we have seen in class. But the students must be respectful and listen when they are explaning.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Here the problem is not the teachers, but some of the students. Chewing gum, cell phones and the lack of work dynamics are common problems for students who attend school.

      Eliminar
  9. You don't even know if they are still in the city since no one has told you but you can also investigate it

    Antonio Miguel Burell Fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  10. This summer I played soccer with my friends and I had a great time because some Sevillians came and we played soccer with them.

    Antonio Miguel Burell Fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  11. There is no conductor Who Beats Fernando Alonso, Herbert con karajan's music is tragic and Steffi Graf is good at tennis

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I used to play the game and I used to do it very often but now I don't play as much as before

    Antonio Miguel Burell Fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  13. description of my english teacher

    My English teacher has white hair, sometimes a beard, with a round face and always wears a white checkered shirt and jeans, and his personality is sometimes affectionate and funny.

    Antonio Miguel Burell Fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  14. my routine

    I get up, wash my face and have breakfast, then I call my friends to go to the bus stop, I go to school, I attend to the teachers, during recess I go with my friends and when I get home, how do I go out and then I study a little, I take a shower and go to bed.

    Antonio Miguel Burell Fernandez 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I think that teachers should motivate students to attend, I mean that when a teacher gives the section of any day at the end of the class he sends a few exercises and explains in detail what some other student does not understand. And that usually motivates us with "you are doing very well" or "come on, you can do it" by being kind and understanding with us.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. I think teachers have a hard job, because there are students who never listen to them or want to lend interest towards the class and this is the reason why they are annoying because they just want us to learn.
    It is not always the students' fault, sometimes there are teachers who do not know how to explain and have little interest.
    In my opinion all teachers are kind and students should have more interest because of that their future will depend if they want to study.
    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  17. I think that teachers must be serious so that students don't take classes as a joke, but they shouldn't insult students because they can lose the interest in the class and don´t do anything in this teacher's class. If the teacher is serious and he explains well, the class has to go well.
    But not everything depends on the teachers, the students must also behave well, because the teachers deserve respect ,like the students.
    Obviously, teachers conduct classes, but students can also ask questions and participate.
    In my opinion , all the teachers are good , but some students are ignorant and they don't appreciate how important the work they do is.

    Iris Lozano López 3ºA (corregido)

    ResponderEliminar
  18. The teachers are serious because this is theirs job.
    They don't insult students, and the students don't insult teachers.
    The students should ask questions and participate in the class because is very important to learn.
    I think the teachers are good person, but the students also are stupid or lazy and they don't do anything.

    ADAY RIVERA MONTES 2°ESO B

    ResponderEliminar