BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

viernes, 3 de noviembre de 2023

Hey, Jude!

 


 

Nowadays there are many football stadiums where the crowds sing this song in reference to Real Madrid's football player Jude Bellingham, but where does it come from?

It was originally a famous song sung by the Beatles.

 

   

Here's my musical hint for today : Hey Jude by The Beatles. You can have a look at the lyrics in English & Spanish to try to understand it better.

 



The story behind this song:

The Beatles' masterpiece 'Hey Jude', an olive branch of friendship



 


Sir Paul McCartney says artificial intelligence has enabled a 'final' Beatles song (BBC News)

The Beatles: ‘final’ song Now and Then to be released thanks to AI technology (The Guardian)



Here are some activities for you to do:

 




Jude Bellingham aims to ‘keep pushing limits’ after winning Golden Boy award (The Guardian)

 

Activities for my students.....

 

in 2º ESO:  like, love, hate... + V-ing form  

in 3º ESO:  Mixed past tenses   and more

 

 

and finally for students in Bachillerato.....

 


187. TENSES. Put the verb in brackets into their appropriate form:

  

1. She went to the optician and (her eyes / tested) ____________________________ .

2. These shoes need (clean) ____________, because they are rather dirty.

3. I won't know the answer until I (see) ________ him.

4. She (play) ____________ volleyball for two hours.

5. When I was younger he (play) ________________ football, but now he doesn't play any more.

6. When I (get) ________ home, smoke (come)________ out of one of the upstairs windows.

7. My grandfather can remember (go) _____________ to the cinema with my grandmother.

8. Would you like (come) ___________ to a party on Saturday evening?

9. I'm looking forward (meet) ______________ you again next summer.

10. I (not take) ________________ that bus because I have a meeting in Granada at 14.00 and  I'm  afraid I (not arrive) _______________ in time if I take that one.


 

188. Put the following sentences into the PASSIVE VOICE:

 

1. They are cleaning your house at the moment.  _____________________________

2. We call Lieutenant Columbus only in special occasions.___________________

3. Someone stole all the jewels last night.   ______________________

4. Nobody will serve refreshments until the match is over._________________

5. People think they make these artificial flowers of silk._________________

                                                                                                                                          

189. Put the following sentences into INDIRECT SPEECH:

 

1. "Bring me the newspaper, please", the father to the son._________________________

2. "Who put salt in my coffee?", he asked._________________

3. "I'm going fishing with my mother this afternoon", said the small boy._____________

4. "What was she wearing when you saw her last?", the policeman asked me.  ____________

5. "I'll sit up till she comes in, but I hope she won't be late", said Mrs Pitt._________________


190. Give a piece of advice to each problem:

 

1. I find it really difficult to get up in the mornings.  ____________________________

2. My car is not going very well lately.  _____________________________           

 

 

mmmEnglish >>> English Listening Practice | Story + Dictation

 


"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



 Learn English with  Avatar 
 

 

 

25 comentarios:

  1. 1.187. TENSES. Put the verb in brackets into their appropriate form:



    1. She went to the optician and (her eyes / tested) ___________had her eyes tested_________________ .

    2. These shoes need (clean) _____cleaning_______, because they are rather dirty.

    3. I won't know the answer until I (see) __see______ him.

    4. She (play) __has been playing__________ volleyball for two hours.

    5. When I was younger he (play) ________used to play________ football, but now he doesn't play any more.

    6. When I (get) __got______ home, smoke (come)___was coming_____ out of one of the upstairs windows.

    7. My grandfather can remember (go) _____going________ to the cinema with my grandmother.

    8. Would you like (come) _______coming____ to a party on Saturday evening?

    9. I'm looking forward (meet) ____to __meeting________ you again next summer.

    10. I (not take) ______will not take__________ that bus because I have a meeting in Granada at 14.00 and I'm afraid I (not arrive) _____will not arrive_________ in time if I take that one.

    188. Put the following sentences into the PASSIVE VOICE:



    1. They are cleaning your house at the moment. ____Your house are being cleaned by them at the moment
    _____

    2. We call Lieutenant Columbus only in special occasions.______the lieutenant columbus is called by we in special occassions_____

    3. Someone stole all the jewels last night. _____the jewels were slolen by someone last night_______

    4. Nobody will serve refreshments until the match is over.________refreshments will be served until the match is over_________

    5. People think they make these artificial flowers of silk._______these artificial flowers are thought that are made of silk__________

    189. Put the following sentences into INDIRECT SPEECH:



    1. "Bring me the newspaper, please", the father to the son._______The father asked the son to bring him the newspaper, please._____

    2. "Who put salt in my coffee?", he asked.______He asked who had put salt in his coffee.___________

    3. "I'm going fishing with my mother this afternoon", said the small boy._______The small boy said that he was going fishing with his mother that afternoon.______

    4. "What was she wearing when you saw her last?", the policeman asked me. _____The policeman asked me what she had been wearing when I saw her last._______

    5. "I'll sit up till she comes in, but I hope she won't be late", said Mrs Pitt._______Mrs. Pitt said that she would sit up until she came in but hoped she wouldn't be late.

    190. Give a piece of advice to each problem:



    1. I find it really difficult to get up in the mornings. ___ I highly recommend that you sleep at_least_8hours_________

    2. My car is not going very well lately. _____I can´t help but suggest that you go to the mechanical___

    these exercises are made by José Carlos Escribano Pulido
    __________

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like the way Bellingham plays and when he plays they dedicate the song called Hey Jude to him

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hey Jude is a very good se for theong, created by the beatles in 1968.
    Hey Jude is also sungin football stadium now because one player is called Jude Bellingham, he is one of the best players in the world, Jude has scored thirteen goals this season and forty-one goals in his career.
    That song is used by Real Madrid to announce Bellingham.
    it's a song with a positive message and it's in english, so many people don't understand this.
    The people should learn English.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. This song has a beautifull lyrics, but in my opinion I don't like it so much, because I love listening to Spanish music. However, The Beatles is the most important band in the history of the music, because they are know all over the world. They have many awards and their songs are listenig by generations. I like listening to songs with a plesant message like this, because I hate listening to music with nasty lyrics.

    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I love this song, it conveys a very positive message, but in my opinion I don't like it to be sung at a football game as people do. I like listening to it more in English than in Spanish because English makes it more special, but I hate not being able to understand some parts and words of the song because my level of English is not enought to understand it. This song is one of the best by this group called "The Beatles"

    Andrea Romera Noguera 2ºB (corregido)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. WRITING 00
    Antonio miguel burell fernandez 2B
    I live in molvizar it is a small town in the south of granada but not by the sea.It is a beautiful town because near both the mountains and the beach its clime is temperature in winter and hot during the summer.Speaking of summer I like living in molvizar in summer.Last summer I did a lot of things I played videogames with my friends and we walked to the nearest town called Itrabo.In september I started school again a meet my schoolmates and teachers and I have my first exam too

    ResponderEliminar
  9. WRITING 01
    Antonio miguel burel fernandez 2B

    Cristiano ronaldo is of medium height this young man has short fashionable black hair very expensive and dark face narrow and smooth fore head anchec very fine eyebrous dark green eyes very bright:long, thin lips and aligned very white teeth

    bad bunny was born is benito antonio martinez ocasio in san juan puerto rico on march 10 1994.he is a composer and singer of urban music especially trap and reggaeton.altough he never took formal music classes or studied any instrument, he is a singer songwriter and creator of his own songs

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Antonio miguel burell fernandez 2B

    I am working hard so that teacher Alberto does not fail me for the quarter and so that I can pass

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Comment 02
    Physical Description of John Lennon:
    John Lennon, the iconic musician and co-founder of The Beatles, had a distinct and often imitated appearance. In his earlier years, he had a lean build and a charming, boyish face. Lennon's signature round glasses became an integral part of his image, adding an intellectual and artistic touch. Ober time, his stile evolbed, and he embraced various looks, from clean-cut to more avant-garde expressions, reflecting his artistic and rebellious spirit.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Comment 03
    Personality Description of John Lennon:
    John Lennon was a complex and multifaceted individual, known for his wit, intelligence, and creative genius. He possessed a sharp and often irreverent sense of humor that endeared him to many. Lennon was a trailblazer, challenging conventions both in his music and his outspoken bon peace and social justice. His introspective and thoughtful nature was evident in his songwriting, where he bared his soul and explored deep emotions.

    Lennon's passion for peace and love was a defining aspect of his personality. He and his wife Yoko Ono famously staged "bed-ins for peace" and used their platform to advocate for a world free of violence. Despite his fame, Lennon remained authentic and unafraid to speak out against injustice, leaving a lasting impact not only as a musician but also as a symbol of peace and social change.





    ResponderEliminar
  14. Comment 04
    A kangaroo is a marsupial from Australia, known for its powerful hind legs, distinctive hopping movement, and muscular tail. The females have a pouch in which they carry and nurture their young, called joeys. Kangaroos are herbivores, primarily grazing on grass, and they are recognized for their social behavior in groups called mobs or troops.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Comment 05
    A crocodile is a formidable reptile with a streamlined body, robust tail, and powerful jaws. Its scaly skin, often varying in color from grayish-brown to olive-green, provides effective camouflage in aquatic environments. Crocodiles have long, muscular tails that propel them through water with remarkable agility. Their eyes and nostrils are situated on the top of their heads, allowing them to remain mostly submerged while keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. HEY JUDE!
    This famous song by the Beatles has become the song of the new player of Real Madrid, Jude Bellingham. You can listen to this song in the Santiago Bernabeu when Bellingham scores a goal in almost all games.The Real Madrid supporters are so happy with Bellimgham, because when the match is at risk, he appears to save the match; he makes wonders with the ball . I think that he is so happy with his team and his public, and I think that he will be like this until to 2029.

    Iris Lozano López 3ºA (corregido)

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Jude Bellingham is a player of Real Madrid, he born 29ťh of june 2003 in Stourbridge, United Kingdom. He is very important in your club.Has won three awards.He scores many goals. He plays forward. He is very young, nineteen years old. He is the top scorer in the league

    ResponderEliminar
  18. PAUL MCCARTNEY
    He is english compositor and singer - songwriter, He is born in liverpool, hebelieve Witherspoon his three companions the Group of musical called the Beatles, wich was very successful is the sixties all his songs were successful.

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Jude Bellingham is a very good player of Real Madrid , I think he is very handsome . He score every single match !!! The song is very beautiful , the lyrics are very positive but in my opinion i don't like it very much , Its not my stile I mean I don't listen this tipe of music . I prefer to listen Cardi B , Nicki Minaj , Ice Spice or Doja Cat. I like rap music!!

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Bellingham,the real Madrid player from Stourbridge they sing to him the song by your first name and mythical song by 'the Beatles' in addiction,the footbaler and the group share nationality.
    The song it was published on the twenty-sixth of August,nineteen hundred and sixty-eight in E.E.U.U,it was writing to motivate for Julián,son the Jhon Lennon´s after his parents divorce.

    ResponderEliminar
  21. JUDE BELLINGHAM
    Jude Bellingham is a Real Madrid Football Player , he plays to hard and he is to good ,he scored a lot of goals in this season with his team,he won a award called Golden Boy 2023 ,he play's in the mid center with Luka Modric and Toni Kroos .And he's having a really good season with his new team

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Jude Bellingham is the best player of Real Madrid this season.
    He score in all the matchs.
    He was born 29th of June 2003 in Stourbridge, Unirse Kingdom.
    For me is the best player of Real Madrid, because has got a golden boy and a lot of goals this season.

    ADAY RIVERA MONTES 2° ESO B

    ResponderEliminar
  23. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  24. Hey Jude! was a song written by Paul Mc Cartney about the son of John Lennon. John left his first wife and their son to be in a relationship with Yoko Ono.

    ResponderEliminar