BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

domingo, 17 de marzo de 2024

Rats getting 'high'


Unbelievable, but true! Rats are said to be getting high by eating evidence at New Orleans police building!

 

Related posts to read about the issue and a video:

 

Rats are ‘all high’ on marijuana evidence at infested police building, New Orleans chief says (ABC News)

 


 

‘They’re all high’: Louisiana police say rats eating marijuana in evidence room (The Guardian)

 

Rats are high on marijuana evidence at an infested police building, New Orleans chief says (AP News)

 

 

How these cities became rat-free zones (BBC News)

 
 

 

Here are some activities for you to do and get you down to Earth and reality:   

 

 
 
 

Activities for my students.....

 

Listen to the song below and try to fill in the gaps (don't look at the lyrics until you have tried to do the exercise)

I waited 'til I saw the ________
I don't know why I didn't come
I __________ you by the house of fun
Don't know why I didn't come...

When I __________ the break of day
I wished that I ___________  __________ ________
Instead of kneeling in the ____________
Catching tear-drops in my __________

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind for ever

Out across the endless ____________
I would die in ecstasy
But I'll be a _________ of bones
__________  _______ the road alone

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind for ever

___________   ________  _______ ________ ______  ___________ 

 

   

Here's my musical hint for today to get really high:   Don't know why by Norah Jones. Come on, you can sing along!

 
 

 

English with Lucy teaching us some Advanced Verbs (C1-C2) for Total English Fluency

 



"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



 Learn English with TV series:  Anne with an E (episode 01 season 1)



Breaking News  >>>>



Tennis:
Once again Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniil Medvedev for the title  🏆-   Indian Wells 2024  & thrilling semi-final against Jannik Sinner 





3 comentarios:

  1. This wave of "drugged" rats It´s because the head quarters is destroyed by broken pipes. The New Orleans Police Departaments is in deplorable condition and rodents are devouring whatever they find in the city,for is example cannabis.
    And how he said Kirkpatric,"It´s not about the leadership.It´s all the districts,the city is off the charts" is a pest problem that affects other cities in U.S,The Civil servants the city of Luisiana they plan to rent a new building to relocate the headquarters.
    In my opinion they should be carefuk the habitants of the state of their dwelings,of keeping the streets clean,and other wise of getting rid of the greatest number of pests.
    Carmen Correa Noguera 3 ESO A

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Rats are a big problem. In the cities of many countries there is no cleaning or sanitation in the streets.That’s why many rats or other types of animals are eating everything on the street, for example traces of drugs.In the New Orleans Police Station a group of rats get in a test room because of some broken tubers. Inside were seized drugs and the rats nibbled the packages until they consumed them. The police officers at the police station saw the rats coming out of the testing room drugged by the sustances that was inside. So I think there should be people fumigating and cleaning all the streets.

    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  3. During Easter, what I did was play the computer every day with my trusted friend. I also went to the countryside to work and I went to my grandmother's house to eat.

    ResponderEliminar