BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

viernes, 17 de enero de 2020

If things were different, ...


 

If our students in 1º Bachillerato followed my pieces of advice, they could get their B2 at the end of the school year. So, here's a quizz from BBC Learning English to revise the Hypothetical conditionals. And don't forget our EXERCISES TO DO on the Conditional sentences.   

 

 

Here's another piece of advice to improve your listening skill and have a healthier life  >>>   Could you give up booze for a month?  (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)



English in a Minute:  'RAISE' vs 'RISE'   (BBC Learning English)





Here are the options Lucy offered us in the previous post so as not to use 'DON'T LIKE' (those red-highlighted are harder than the blue-highlighted, which are milder):

1. I'm (absolutely) sick of something.
2. I don't appreciate
3. I can't stand
4. I'm not fond of
5. I'm not a (big) fan of
6. I'm not (so) keen on
7. I can't bear
8. I've had enough of
9. I'm not (really) into
10. (I think) I'll pass on (V-ing)
11. It's not my cup of tea
12. It doesn't tickle my fancy
13. It's not for me
14. I'm not crazy about
15. I'm more of a ... person   (I'm more of a cat person)

Possible solutions to the exercise in the previous post:

1. I can't stand/ I've had enough of / I'm absolutely sick of the behaviour of the students in 4º ESO at all, and I'm going to be tougher on them if they don't behave properly.

2. Heavy meals for dinner are not for me  /   I'm not fond of heavy meals, but I'll go to your birthday party if you insist.

3. I am not so keen on big cities at all, especially if I'm the one driving.

4. I am not crazy about travelling on my own. I prefer going with my family.

5. After my last experience at a disco, I think I am not so fond of going again to that party with you.

 



And here's something special for my 4º ESO students, especially who are always late for our English class: 

English in a Minute:  'On time' versus 'in time' (BBC Learning English)





Stories for Children >>> Nell's book (BBC Learning English)








LINGOHACK  >>>

  • Episode 200108 / 08 January 2020    >>>  Taking the stress out of surgery -    Language related to 'surgery'.  Need-to-know language: prepped, localised anaesthetic, sedation, operation table & undergoing.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario