BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

domingo, 25 de agosto de 2024

Time to take the plunge

 

 

Important decisions are to be made in our lives when the start of a new school year is already in the horizon, when the summer is about to end and you may have met the person of your dreams, when the holidays are passed and you haven't done much... It is time to take the plunge (check the meaning of this expression below).




 

There is also an animated film which connects with this expression (trailer), which is explained in the following video: idioms 101 - take the plunge



 


Here are some activities for you to do: 



 

 

Our weekly quizz: Which is correct? (BBC Learning English)

 

Road towards success in the Selectivity exam.....

2023_Mysterious stranger  //  Can dogs talk?      

 

Here are some related articles for you to read about the issue:


 

 Here's my musical hint for today after so many beautiful things we have seen and done this summer:  Beautiful things by Benson Boone. 

Listen and try to fill in the gaps... 

For a while there, it was roughBut _ _ _ _ _ _, I've been doing  _ _ _ _ _ _Than the last four cold _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I recall
And I see my _ _ _ _ _ _ every monthI found a _ _ _ _  my parents loveShe'll come and stay the _ _ _ _ _ And I think I might have it all
And I _ _ _ _ _  God every dayFor the girl He sent my _ _ _ But I know the things He _ _ _ _ _  meHe can  _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _
And I hold you every nightAnd that's a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I wanna get used to  (Finish the sentence: I want to get used to (hold) ___ you)But there's no man as terrifiedAs the man who stands to _ _ _ _  you
Oh, I hope I don't lose youMm
Please stayI _ _ _ _  you, I _ _ _ _  you, oh GodDon't takeThese beautiful things that I've got
...
Please don't take
I found my mind, I'm feelin' saneIt's been a while, but I'm finding my faithIf everything's good and it's greatWhy do I sit and wait 'til it's gone?
Oh, I'll tell ya, I know I've got _ _ _ _ _ _I've got _ _ _ _ _  and I've got loveBut I'm up at night _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _I just might lose it all
....

Then sing along with this version with the lyrics and check!




 

 

English with Lucy talking about... 100 Body Part Words in English with Pictures: Advanced Vocabulary Lesson


 

 

Simone Biles' Paris Olympics 2024 individual all-around Final routines 🇺🇸 - 2024 Paris Olympics

 

 

 

 

"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



Learn English with   THE OFFICE .
 

 

 


 


 

LA VUELTA - Stage 9 from Motril to Granada (incredible climb in stage 8)


 

 

 Note: so to take the plunge in Spanish would be "dar el paso decisivo, dar un paso hacia adelante"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario