BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

miércoles, 31 de agosto de 2022

The summer is over and now...

The summer is over and now it is high time to go back to our daily routines. It must have been a great time for our students because THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING AT ALL DURING THE SUMMER TIME (or at least they haven't made any comments or sent me anything about the readers), so now it is going to be pretty hard for them. It is the first time ever our summer scoreboard has ZERO contributions.

 

BREAKING NEWS  >>>

Mikhail Gorbachev, Soviet leader who ended cold war, dies aged 91 (The Guardian)

Mikhail Gorbachev: Last Soviet leader dies aged 91 (BBC News)

Mikhail S. Gorbachev, Reformist Soviet Leader, Is Dead at 91 (New York Times)

BREAKING: Former Soviet Union Leader Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 (NBC News)




World reacts to death of Mikhail Gorbachev (DW)






 


   

They will be missing their wonderful summer holidays, so my musical hint for today is going to be: Morning Blue by Giant Rooks.



 

Mondays will be a nightmare and weeks will be long, very long!!! Schooldays will seem never to end!!!

 

Some activities for you to do: 

 

 




 

HIGHWAY TO B2.....

TEST YOUR ENGLISH

A. Choose the correct option.

1. Grandmother is always ...... her glasses.    a. misusing   b. misplacing   c. mistaking   d. mislaying   e. mishandling

2. Add the grated ..... of two lemons to the cake mixture in the bowl.    a. skin    b. bark   c. rind    d. crust    e. pod

3. Who told you John was ...... for that job?    a. putting in   b. putting off   c. putting about   d. putting down    e. putting over

4. I hate to hear a clock .....  when I'm trying to go to sleep.     a. clicking    b. sounding   c. humming    d. ticking    e. ringing

5. The hijackers were wearing stocking ...... over their faces.    a. scarves   b. masks   c. disguises   d. veils    e. blinds

6. ..... for the job should write to the Personnel Manager.     a. Attendants    b. Entrants   c. Applicants    d. Contenders   e. Competitors

7. I don't think this medicine ...... with me.  a. goes   b. suits   c. accords  d. fits   e. agrees

8. If you'd like to go fishing, you can borrow my ..... .       a. stick    b. rod   c. pole    d. club   e. bat

9. That tree was ...... by lightning in the recent storm.   a. hit   b. dented   c. hurt   d. flashed   e. struck

10. The car stopped becuase the driver had forgotten to ..... the petrol tank.    a. turn up    b. fill up   c. draw up    d. take up    e. put up

 

 


"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"

Mind Your Language - Teaching vowels  &  Bloody Verb TO BE    

 


 

 

10 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi, muy name is Nerea.I'm from Molvizar and i'm thirteen years old.I'm un 1B

      Eliminar
  2. This summer has been one of the best of my life because I have enjoyed a lot. This summer I have been doing a lot of sport, I also played paddle several days.
    In the month of August I was in my village on holiday because it is the holidays and the mayor called me saying that there was a football tournament very important for the people and that needed my help I thought and I said yes , When I got to town at night I went to see my grandparents and I went to bed very early because I had to get up early to referee when I went there were many buses of many teams and the bleachers were very full and I came up with that.
    When I finished that day I went home to rest since the next day were the holidays and when the parties passed I came to Salobreña.Abel Martínez Padilla 4A

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This summer has been so weird, I mean, when it started it was like all the summers, however, with the pass of the time it became boring. Everyone wants to start the summer because you don't have to pay attention of any tasks from school, or go to any activity. All the vacations were nice, but actually, I want to come back to school. I miss being in class with the classmates learning and having fun at the same time.

    But that's right, this summer I haven't done anything else apart from watching films, playing videogames with friends and playing football or basketball. Of course the summer is for that, but we cannot stop learning or reading because it is essential for us.

    I'm ready for this school year, I'll really go there in order to learn and do the important things. Obviously I'll have fun with the mates, but this year is important and we have to pay attention to all the classes. This is going to be such a nice year.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This summer has been the most important because i played volleyball in Madrid. I went to academy of volleybal . My academy is the most better . The summer is over but the scholl is funny because i see my friends every day . My new class is funny because there are some new students . The people in the breaks play de a lot of deports , my favourite is volleyball. My subject favourite is English and teacher Alberto . He teach the Englis very good for B1 . In Finally of the year we gone of exam the B1 .

    My name is Maria Lopez Ruiz de Cuarto A.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. This summer has been good, when I finished the course the Salobreña festivities began, I went to the San Juan bonfire, I swam at night on the beach with my friends, we went for a walk on Saturday nights to the beach eating ice cream, every Sunday we went to my country house in my town and ate there, this summer has been very entertaining I have not been bored at all, I have had a lot of fun, I have spent the whole month of July on the beach, I have more friends, I get up Whenever I want, I've seen many series in English, and I've had a great time at the parties in my town, but I already wanted to see what class I fell into and what new classmates I was going to have.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. This summer has been good and expected, since it has been the first summer after two years without restrictions due to COVID. Many people were waitimg for him to leas a normal life and all those kinds that were missed.

    For me it has been the best summer of my life since I have done many things such as going on trips, playing futsal tournaments and sleeping in farmhouses with my friends, going out to eat with my family. For those reasons it has been the best summer of mi life.

    Antonio Puentedura Prados de 4º ESO A.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. This summer has been good , i feel very chill and happy , i,ve been to many village parties , for example Santa Ana in Molvizar or San Antonio in Lobres . This summer i,ve been to the farmhouses and little on the beach because i don´t like it very much .
    In the diary days i go to street with my friend and in the night play a tablegames out the house in the jarden with my friends , i like summers because i have very free time and i dont study .


    Roberto Prados González 4ºA

    ResponderEliminar