BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

lunes, 13 de febrero de 2023

Learning to fly

 Every time I start with a group in the level of 1º ESO, it is a sort of a challenge for me. They come to me and they know barely anything about English and about how to learn a language, so I have to go back to square one and start from the very beginning.

 

 

This is what happened again this year in September and it is now in February when I have the feeling that things are beginning to go better and better. I believe this learning process must be similar to the one birds follow when they want to learn how to fly. Later it will come the time when they leave the nest to carry on with their lives.





   

So, my musical hint for today will be the song by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Learning to Fly . Here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing along!!

 



 

 

Some activities for you to do: 

 

 


Papa English teaches us how to express when you feel "Annoyed" at different levels...

 


 

And our students at school at work... 

Project on A Christmas Carol by José Carlos Escribano (4º ESO A)

 

 

 

7 comentarios:

  1. What is Rafael Nadal wearing?

    In every match he wear a shirt,short troussers,shocks and sneakers.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What is Rafael Nadal wearing?
    In this match Nadal is wearing a blue-grey T-shirt, dark blue shorts, dark blue socks, dark blue sneakers/trainers and an expensive watch on his wrist.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Estela Bautista 1ºA23 de marzo de 2023, 19:35

    For me, starting 1º ESO has been difficult I had to go back to square and think that everything is different now. I have to study more, make more effort and do more homework. I'm trying to start from the beggining and reset because if not it's going to be difficult for me. I hope I can do it

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi, My Name is Izan.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Rafa Nadal is a great tennis player.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I remember when I was going through the door entering school on the first day. All the things I had known, how I had been studying, how I had been learning English, will change. But it wasn't that hard as I imagined that first day. The fact that I was going to have one teacher for each subject was new, and also I was going to get up 1 hour before than I used to in order to start 1 hour earlier than school and finish up one hour later.

    Due to that, the first two weeks were horrible for me, but then, it was much easier to control the new routine. Now I'm happy about how much I have improved in all the subjects. If I hadn't learnt to sort out all these difficulties, I wouldn't have been as good as I am now.

    Francisco Toledo 4ºa (CORREGIDO)

    ResponderEliminar