BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

domingo, 15 de marzo de 2015

Winston Churchill: the two-sided personality


WINSTON CHURCHILL

Article to read: 50th anniversary of his death (The Guardian)

One of his famous quotes: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"

Listening exercise to do: 'The two sides of Churchill' (6 minute English)

And here's another listening exercise to do: Dads attending births 


2 comentarios:

  1. Winston Churchill was a British statesman who was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a writer, and an artist. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature, and was the first person to be made an honorary citizen of the United States.

    Churchill was born into the family of the Dukes of Marlborough, a branch of the Spencer family. His father, Lord Randolph Churchill, was a charismatic politician who served as Chancellor of the Exchequer; his mother, Jennie Jerome, was an American socialite. As a young army officer, he saw action in British India, the Sudan, and the Second Boer War. He gained fame as a war correspondent and wrote books about his campaigns.

    ALBERTO ANTEQUERA GONZÁLEZ 4ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  2. One of the most important figures of the World War 2 and the beggining of the Cold War was obviously the then prime minister of the United Kingdom, or how i prefeer to call it due to his political situation and global extension: the United Empire.

    He took place in the half way of the WW2, when things were turning heads to the Allies, and performed a series of decission and tactics who outsmarted HItler and the rest of the Axis in Europe, making possible the defence of the English channel, D-Day, the soviet push back and avoiding a situation where the US would had to fight in a Man on the High Castle scenario. All of this developed into his reelection, joiningthe Capitalist side in the Cold War and practically being the main head of the "free europe" during his mandate.

    ONe of the most memorables things from Churchill are his photo making the two fingers sign or the victory sign, depending the context you use or the source you search for, and his citations, which I love by the way, such as:
    -My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.
    -The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
    -Don't interrupt me while I'm interrupting.
    And my favorite one, which I found in a videogame and made me cry during almost 15 minutes long, this was a response to a woman who was against him:
    +If you were my husband, sir, I would poison your tea!”
    -If I were your husband, I’d take it!

    ResponderEliminar