BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

jueves, 28 de diciembre de 2023

Farewell to 2023!!!

 

 

2023 is coming to an end, so it is time to see how well we have done and what things we could have done better.

 

So what's, in your opinion, the best thing that has happened this year? And what thing could we have done better? What has been the best song in 2023?

 


 

Here are some activities for you to do:

 


 


   

Here's my musical hint for today:   White Christmas by Eric Clapton, and this is a version with lyrics  for you to sing along!

 



 


 

Activities for my students in Bachillerato.....

 

Getting ready for Bachillerato.....

 

199. DEDUCTIONS. Read and complete the sentences wih suitable modal verbs:

 

1. You have been working hard all day, so you ............. be tired.

2. You have just had lunch, so you .......... be hungry.

3. I am not sure how well I have done the exam, so I ......... pass it.

 

Rewrite now these two sentences using appropriate modal verbs:

 

4. I am certain that they got lost.  They ______________________________________________

5. It is impossible that she was Ann's sister. She _______________________________________

 

200. Make two wishes and one regret:

 

1. I wish ____________________________________________________________

2. If only ____________________________________________________________

3. I wish ____________________________________________________________


201. Translate the following sentences into English:

 

1. Llévate el abrigo en caso de que haga frío. _________________________________________

2. No es muy probable que salga esta noche. __________________________________________

3. Seguro de que mi esposa telefoneará antes de que me vaya._______________________

4. Tengo que anotarlo todo para que no se me olvide.___________________________________

5. Se necesitan muchas personas para hacer una película._________________________


202. Choose the correct answer:

 

1. I enjoy watching films on TV _________ I prefer seeing them at the cinema.

a. because   b. although  c. in case

2. I've written down the message _________ I forget it.

a. while       b. whereas   c. in case

3. I liked the car, and it wasn't expensive. _________ , I decided not to buy it.

a. Therefore b. However c. Because of

4. We had quite a big breakfast __________ be hungry later on.

a. not to       b. so as to    c. so as not to

5. I got up late _________ I overslept.

a. because   b. even though        c. so that

6. Larry had missed the last bus home and, __________ , he had to walk home.

a. yet           b. as            c. as a result

7. I had _______________________________ I decided to go to bed.

a. such a bad headache that b. so a bad headache that    c. such a bad headache so that

8. I telephoned to the station _______________ find out what time the train arrived.

a. so that I can      b. for to       c. in order to                                              

 


 

English with Lucy: These common English mistakes are absolutely wrong!!

 



"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



 Learn English with:  Ratatouille 


 

15 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. 2023 is over and it has been a very special year for me. I have enjoyed it a lot, I have made very good friends and I have had a great time with my family. During the summer holidays and Christmas I had a great time, and I also went on a trip. 2024 is already beginning and I hope this year will be much better than the other years ago. I hope to fulfill my goals and get better grades in my studies. This year I will go on a trip and I will also have a great time like last year.
    Andrea Romera 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The year 2023 has been a very good year for me. I went on a trip to visit Murcia with my family and I have gone out with my friends from 2A a lot. Now they are my best friends.I have gone to very fun parties , but the one , I like the most are those summer parties in Santa Ana , in my town , Molvizar. The parties begin on July 22nd and end on the 27th. My new goals for 2024 are: Obey more, do more sport, improve my English and above all … Have a great time!

    CLAUDIA RAMÓN UTRABO 2B

    ResponderEliminar
  5. In 2023 I have met lot of friends at secondary school. I have been in many parties with them, at the beach. In 2023 I have travelled with my family, we have been to Disney, I enjoyed this trip a lot, because it was exciting. I spent the summer with some friends in the Alpujarras. At Christmas I wen to the cinema and visited Granada with my family. 2023 was a good year.

    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  6. 1. You have been working hard all day, so you should be tired.
    2. You have just had lunch, so you can´t be hungry.
    3. I am not sure how well I have done the exam, so I may pass it.

    1. Llévate el abrigo en caso de que haga frío.
    Take your coat if it is cold.
    2. No es muy probable que salga esta noche.
    Not very likely to leave tonight.
    3. Seguro de que mi esposa telefoneará antes de que me vaya.
    I am sure my wife will phone before I leave.
    4. Tengo que anotarlo todo para que no se me olvide.
    I have to write everything down so that I do not forget.
    5. Se necesitan muchas personas para hacer una película.
    It takes many people to make a movie.

    Carolina Prieto López 2ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. In my opinion

    The best thing that has been released this year is that my favourite singer has a new album. The best song in 2023 was Quevedo- Columbia. I think gobernments could have stopped wars and solve the problem of migration since hundreds of people drowned in the sea. But the best thing about this year is that my whole family is in good health.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Carmen Ruiz Bustos 2B
    Comment 6
    The best thing that has been released this year is that my favourite singer has a new album. The best song in 2023 was Anuel- Mi exxx. Ángel´s birthday because ángel did amazing party, there was many boys and girls, and much alcohol. The best month in 2023 is July and August because the pool of Itrabo was open. And finally the party in the Ynira´s house this has been my favorite party.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hugo Ortiz Vallejo 3ºA24 de enero de 2024, 20:35

    For me, the year 2023 has not been very good, so to speak, especially at the end of the summer and starting a new 3rd ESO course, my Christmas has been joyful, although I have gotten some anger for my low grades in this new course. Otherwise, 2023 has been a year to remember.
    And whoever is reading this may you enjoy this 2024 happy and carefree.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hugo Ortiz Vallejo 3ºA24 de enero de 2024, 20:36

    For me, the year 2023 has not been very good, so to speak, especially at the end of the summer and starting a new 3rd ESO course, my Christmas has been joyful, although I have gotten some anger for my low grades in this new course. Otherwise, 2023 has been a year to remember.
    And whoever is reading this may you enjoy this 2024 happy and carefree.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. The year 2023 has been one of the best years of my life, 2023 is a great year because my brother Jose Lorenzo was born, he is 1 year now, In this year I was very happy because I had a lot of friends, I went on holidays to almeria, I learned to cook and I started to read again.
    At school I finished the second of the ESO with fantastic grades and started third in that, I went to Sierra Nevada and I went skiing, but it's so difficult and we have to use special clothes and I went on more excursions for example: Juveloja, la zafra...
    2023 summer was the best summer I saw a lot of things in Almeria; beaches, castles, water parks and more. This summer I went to the festivals in Guajar with some friends and I had fun because we could dance, swim, sing and go to typical games on Guajar, but the best was the day of the patron Saint Lorenzo because there were fireworks.
    Finally this past christmas was the best of my life because it was my brother's first birthday on January 1st, he was so happy with the presents because he had a lot and so did I.
    (corregido)

    ResponderEliminar
  14. My favourite event from 2023 was my visit to Sevilla. I was there five days and went to Benito Villamarin Stadium

    AURELIO LOZANO SANCHEZ
    2B E.S.O.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. The 2023 it was a weird year,like moments and bad moments and good times I learned from ,the ones I enjoyed...
    I hope that this 2024 will go better,improve my English.meet more people,travel....
    Carmen Correa Noguera

    ResponderEliminar