BEING A TEACHER....

BEING A TEACHER IS A DIFFICULT TASK NOWADAYS, SO I DECIDED TO FOLLOW THIS PIECE OF ADVICE BY BRUCE LEE:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

by Bruce Lee

jueves, 2 de julio de 2026

No more school duties!!!

 


Visit Albertomeditutor site  for SUMMER REVISION  >>  Activities for my students in 1º ESO:

>>  Activities for my students in 2º ESO:

       

                     Summer Revision for 2º ESO              


>>  Activities for my students in 4º ESO:



 

 

Just a few days ago, we were all with our school routines: We used to get up early, we used to wait for the school bus, we used to have long tiring school days full of exams, homework.. and we used to study and do homework in the afternoons/evenings!!!

 


Now we are free. We no longer have to get up early and take the school bus, we don't have to do any homework or studying any longer. We can enjoy long summer days at the beach, doing sport with friends, hanging around and meeting new people. But remember time passes quickly and the future is in our hands, so...



 


Learning English from the News:   Venezuela earthquakes  (BBC Learning English) 


 

‘Tonnes of rubble’: 58,000 buildings estimated destroyed in Venezuela earthquakes (The Guardian)

Venezuela earthquakes rescue efforts continue (DW News)

Aftershock frays nerves as many Venezuelans left to fend for themselves (BBC News)

 

 

 


Road towards success in the Selectivity exam.....

Here's another Selectivity English exam for our students talking about traditions:   2025_A proper Halloween  

 

Here are the answers to the exam:


A1- d  (lines 1-2)  A2- a  (lines 15-16)   

A3: False. Lines 4-5: "In a moment of weakness at an American shopping centre, I had bought her a $40 motorised inflatable costume of a ‘dark spirit riding a dinosaur,’ (and she loved it).”   

A4: True. Lines 11-13: "(Every year entire streets in our Manhattan neighbourhood are transformed,) culminating in the Hollywood-level effects and decorations put into the houses on 69th Street, which annually draws crowds from across the city."   

A5: True. Lines 14: "it’s common to see online warnings against knocking on houses without clear signs that the occupants are into Halloween."

A6: True. Lines 16-17: "Shops are another story: // in the supermarkets pumpkin spice and similar products can be found everywhere."

A7.1: spooky (line 15)   A7.2: inanimate (line 6)    A8.1: meme (line 20)   A8.2: clown (line 2) 

USE OF ENGLISH

B1: I wish you could have come to the theatre yesterday.
B2: If Elena had had a driving license, she would have got the job.
B3: In order to pick up his son from the nursery, Steven left early.
B4: We may go to Isla Mágica tomorrow.
B5: A lot of people are scared of spiders.
B6: We shouldn't pollute the environment.


B7: None of my friends has failed their driving test. ("have" is also accepted)
B8: Does this sweater belong to you?
B9: Bill, whose car broke down/had broken down, had to take a taxi.
B10: Stephen apologised for having  dropped his tablet.
B11: Taylor Swift hasn't sung "Change" at a concert for five years.
B12: I am used to making financial decisions at work. 




 


 

  Here's my musical hint for today:    Ebony and Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie wonder. And here's a version with the lyrics for you to sing along.  

 



 

 

 

The Listening Room:   Oldest cave art painting  (BBC Learning English)  



 

Here are some more activities for my students:




 

 

Interesting story:   The Story of Music: From Ancient Caves to Modern Pop (English listening practice) 



 

 

 






 

 

"All work and no play makes Jack/Jill a dull boy/girl"



Learn English with  Kung Fu Panda  - It's training time

  

  

10 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠.

    𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦.

    𝐌𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞: 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡, 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬?

    𝐈 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨.

    𝐀𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝟏𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐡 (𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. My favourite streamer is Rubius.
    Rubius is a Norwegian YouTube streamer of YouTube and his content is very funny.

    He is thirty-six years old and he was born on 13th February, 1990 in Mijas, Spain.
    He has a cat too, and his name is Wilson.

    He makes many famous books such as The Troll Book or Rubius Japan. I like his books because they are very interesting.

    I recommend this streamer because it's very funny and interesting so I think he is the best streamer.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. In summer, I go to Morocco because my grandparents are there. When I go to Morocco I play with my brothers in my mobile phone.

    It is very hot in Morocco so I always have a shower every day.

    Sometimes I go to the swimming pool or play football with my friends.
    I go to the beach too, but I don't like it.

    I love ice cream so I buy it every day because it's delicious, and cakes too.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Wow, how fast did ESO passed. 4 years ago I was in 1°ESO and now on bachillerato.

    Personally I don't like changes, but life is based on that: friends leave, you will not see your favorite teachers (sometimes?)anymore and life will be harder than before. Anyway, life will be boring if we it doesn't change. You can meet new friends and new teachers.

    Likewise, don't matter the changes, the most important part of the life is your personal changes.

    Amin Briouel 1Bach

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Summer is the best time of the year for everyone, but, although most people will not agree with me, I think these holidays are boring.

    I know that we should rest from school, so two weeks are enough. These holidays are so long, but that isn't my problem.

    My problem is that summer is boring, always the same: beach, travel to the same places, but at these times most people the hole summer with their phones. Don't you get bored with your phones?

    I'd rather have something to do, like with Albert. I don't mean that I want to have too much homework, but it's good to have always something to do.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Wow, how fast ESO passed. 4 years ago I was in 1°ESO and now on Bachillerato.

    Personally I don't like changes, but life is based on that: friends leave, you will not see your favorite teachers (sometimes?)anymore and life will be harder than before. Anyway, life will be boring if life doesn't being new challenges. You can meet new friends and new teachers.

    Likewise, changes don't matter, the most important part in our life is our personal changes.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Brawl Stars is a game where you can beat another players with brawlers, and play with your friends too.

    You can play different modes how hockey, balon brawl, competitive, noqueo, zona restringida and more modes. Hockey is my favourite mode.

    The brawlers are characters and you can unlock it with credits. The credits are the money's game.

    Brawl Stars is the best game so is famous.Now there is a event called Nano Starr Park and is the best event.

    Many people say that the game is very boring but I like it.There are a lot of streamers talking about this.One of that streamers is called Soba, Twenty or Mare_bs.

    In my opinion Brawl Stars is the best game in the world, I really recommend it.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Brawl Stars is a game where you can beat other players with brawlers, and play with your friends too.

    You can play different modes how hockey, balon brawl, competitive, noqueo, zona restringida and more modes. Hockey is my favourite mode.

    The brawlers are characters and you can unlock it with credits. The credits are the game's money.

    Brawl Stars is the best game so it's famous.Now there is an event called Nano Starr Park and it is the best event.

    Many people say that the game is very boring but I like it.There are a lot of streamers talking about this.One of those streamers is called Soba, Twenty or Mare_bs.

    In my opinion Brawl Stars is the best game in the world, I really recommend it.

    ResponderEliminar